Breaking Bad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Breaking Bad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby shmolex » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:39 pm

****ing magnets, how do they work?

So I was a little let down by the season premiere. Was hoping for a little bit more.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:32 pm

shmolex wrote:So I was a little let down by the season premiere. Was hoping for a little bit more.

Hmm, I actually enjoyed it. To replace Gus, it looks like the writers are gearing up for Walt continuing his trek down the dark path. After watching everything religiously up to this point and knowing we're down to like 15 episodes, I'm more than interested in seeing how it plays out.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:15 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
shmolex wrote:So I was a little let down by the season premiere. Was hoping for a little bit more.

Hmm, I actually enjoyed it. To replace Gus, it looks like the writers are gearing up for Walt continuing his trek down the dark path. After watching everything religiously up to this point and knowing we're down to like 15 episodes, I'm more than interested in seeing how it plays out.

Agreed. I think the way Season 4 ended was pretty darned epic, even for this show, and it takes some transition and building to go on from there - I thought the story line for the episode was entertaining, and the twists and turns were pretty interesting setups for later on in the season. After watching the first 4 seasons on Netflix/On Demand, I have to admit I'm already tired of waiting for Episode 2 !+)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I really enjoyed the premiere as well. With Gus being dead I thought the season might start out kind of slow and move in a different direction, but they picked up right where they left off. A lot of other shows would have taken a few episodes to build up to the break-in at the police station rather than have them go through with it in the same episode.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Soooooo the Cleaner is now the man. :-°
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

Postby shmolex » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm confused about the ending to last night's episode. Was Walt suggesting that they kill Mike? That kind of leaves them with no options to distribute.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:35 pm

shmolex wrote:I'm confused about the ending to last night's episode. Was Walt suggesting that they kill Mike? That kind of leaves them with no options to distribute.

I got the impression that this is the idea. After taking on another full partner and witnessing how much of 'his money' he had to give up for costs, Walt is already calculating on how/when to get rid of Mike. He'll make his move once he's got Mike's men on his side or figures out a distribution network on his own.

As a side note, who else completely hates Skylar's character? She was so strong in seasons prior and now she's been reduced to this feeble pathetic woman.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Wow, amazing episode. I can't believe whats-his-face-from-Friday-Night-Lights killed that kid. My wife almost had a heart attack during the train robbery.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:Wow, amazing episode. I can't believe whats-his-face-from-Friday-Night-Lights killed that kid. My wife almost had a heart attack during the train robbery.

Watched "Making Of" Ep. 5 and Jesse eluded to the proverbial feces hitting the fan as a result - kind of teased in the preview for next week, but my interests are fully piqued now (more than usual)!
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:Wow, amazing episode. I can't believe whats-his-face-from-Friday-Night-Lights killed that kid. My wife almost had a heart attack during the train robbery.

Yeah, the suspense was really good. At first I was shocked by the kid killing too, but after thinking about it, it made perfect sense. Jesse/Walt used to only be cooks so they rarely saw the negative side the drug business. Now that they're atop the food chain, it should undoubtedly become violently more uncomfortably.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk