Breaking Bad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Breaking Bad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I hope we get to learn more about Gus. If we didn't know already, I think the last episode made it pretty clear that he's a bad man. Way above Tuco in the cartel hierarchy. Walt's retirement isn't going to last long.

yeah i just couldnt remember if he was affiliated with them or running his own outfit

also i agree Bob Odenkirk is awesome in his role...it's like he's playing a caricature of a sleazly lawyer like he would have on Mr. Show, but somehow it still works
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I hope we get to learn more about Gus. If we didn't know already, I think the last episode made it pretty clear that he's a bad man. Way above Tuco in the cartel hierarchy. Walt's retirement isn't going to last long.

yeah i just couldnt remember if he was affiliated with them or running his own outfit

That could be. Whatever the case, he apparently has the clout to call off a hit without getting anyone else's approval.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:36 pm

I downloaded the first two seasons and watched a few of them today, and yes, it's a great show, but wow, I hate his son.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Last night's episode was a little over the top, if you ask me. Why is Pinkman getting all pissed off in the hospital? Gimme a break. He was a broke ass junkie before he met Walt. How exactly did Walt ruin his life? He got some cuts on his face (which were his own fault for leading the DEA to the RV)? Poor guy. At least he's alive, and living in a pretty nice house to boot. He should be begging Walt to be his assistant for a fraction of the money he was offered. The only reason Walt isn't freaking out on him is because if he goes down, so does Walt. Anyway... I like how they've incorporated Hank into all of this. It brings a lot more emotion to the show, and more at stake after Walt's family was pretty much torn apart beyond repair.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 134)

Postby thedude » Mon May 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Last night's episode was a little over the top

That who speech in the hospital did seems rather excesive.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Curtis Pride » Mon May 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Last night's episode was a little over the top, if you ask me. Why is Pinkman getting all pissed off in the hospital? Gimme a break. He was a broke ass junkie before he met Walt. How exactly did Walt ruin his life?

* His parents have disowned him (though he was on the outs with them initially)
* Of his three best friends, one of them is dead, one got arrested and had to move, and the other also left town.
* He woke up to find the love of his life dead - and little did he know that Walt inadvertently caused and watched her death while doing nothing.

Off the top of my head.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DbacksRback » Tue May 04, 2010 3:15 am

Thanks a lot! I watched the first 2 seasons and loved the show and forgot about it...got some catching up to do ;-D

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue May 04, 2010 10:08 am

Curtis Pride wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:Last night's episode was a little over the top, if you ask me. Why is Pinkman getting all pissed off in the hospital? Gimme a break. He was a broke ass junkie before he met Walt. How exactly did Walt ruin his life?

* His parents have disowned him (though he was on the outs with them initially)
* Of his three best friends, one of them is dead, one got arrested and had to move, and the other also left town.
* He woke up to find the love of his life dead - and little did he know that Walt inadvertently caused and watched her death while doing nothing.

Off the top of my head.

- Yeah the parents thing obviously ran deeper than the length of Jessie's relationship with Walt
- I don't feel the whole friends thing really scarred him too much as he was ready to start cooking and involve his friend(s) again
- a) w/o Walt, he'd have never met the girl and b) as you mentioned he has absolutely no knowledge of Walt's actions

I agree Pinkman's on WHAT I'M GOING TO DO NEXT was a bit outrageous for his character. However, I guess we need to infer that this explosion has been building for sometime. Almost the entire show, Walt's been hard on Jessie for one thing or another, but he put up with it because of all the bank they were making. However, when Walt decides to go it alone cutting Jessie out that must have flipped the switch. Now that Jessie has leverage against Walt with this brother-in-law beating he's absolutely ecstatic on the opportunity to be vengeful. B!#ch. ;-) :-D
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 04, 2010 12:20 pm

Jesse is clean for probably the first time in his adult life. At the same time, he's alone for the first time. He has no family, his girlfriend is dead, Walter--who was very clearly a father-figure and filling the role of family for him for much of the first two seasons--told him he wants nothing to do with him, and even if they are still around, someone trying to stay clean probably isn't going to lean on his junkie friends (unless he needs them to sell product). It may not be rational, but of course he's going to find someone to blame. Walter is the easy target, and unless Jesse turns his anger inward (which he's probably avoiding to prevent a relapse), where else is he supposed to direct it? After being pushed around and treated like an idiot and a kid by Walter, now he's in the position of authority, so of course he's going to make the most of it.

I figured Hank would survive and get the best of the cousins, but the most intriguing aspect of the last episode is who called him to warn him. As I was watching it for the first time, I thought the voice sounded like Hank's boss, but I pretty much ruled that out immediately. The more I think about it now, though, that makes the most sense.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue May 04, 2010 1:15 pm

It has to be Hank's boss. There's no else that had a clue unless it's some new kingpin that we don't know about yet.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk