Cano versus Pedroia - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cano versus Pedroia

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cano versus Pedroia

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun May 02, 2010 5:02 pm

zomg another 3 run home run today.

he's hitting .396/.441/.780 8-o as we speak and half his homers have been off lefties.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wingman3110 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:57 am

Im sure I grabbed Robby ;-D
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:53 pm

Hello all, hope Memorial Day weekend treated you nicely.

thedude wrote:The month is still April. See Chirs Shelton.

Since Cano has a very similiar skill set to Chris Shelton, I have decided to monitor 2B, power rankings.

Well Cano, ended April as the number 1 ranked hitter in all of Yahoo. He has now ended May as well, the number 1 ranked hitter in all of yahoo, despite having similiar skill sets to Chris Shelton.

In no particular order, season to date:

^I sure am happy Pedroia's Runs and SB make up for the difference in home runs and RBI, wait.. wha? To think all those novels of nothingness B Chad wrote over the winter stating how Cano is not going to do everything he has done. Criminal.

I'd buy low on Robbie while you can. Career 2nd half player. :-L
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm not overly shocked because I've always been a Cano guy. I guess I was more shocked to see that Pedroia already has 8 homers this year. :-b
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:48 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I'm not overly shocked because I've always been a Cano guy. I guess I was more shocked to see that Pedroia already has 8 homers this year. :-b

Ya nuts right ? This might be Pedroia's break out year (according to Matthias) if he reaches a career high in HRs.

B-Chad come on? You wrote books about MLB's 2B this winter. All of a sudden no response?
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:43 pm

double post
Last edited by DaSh 1s on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:46 pm

Pedroia's complete lack of steals has really killed his fantasy advantage.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Pedroia's complete lack of steals has really killed his fantasy advantage.

Grounded Polo wrote:I'm surprised to see Roberts on the tail end of the top 10 on most lists. He didn't steal as much last year but the power numbers went through the roof. This doesn't mean that his power boost is a definite trend as he ages but if he's there at a bargain, I'll grab him in every league over someone unreliable like Cano.
Last edited by DaSh 1s on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:09 am

Why is that quote unreliable? He had ONE season as someone who produced in the first half, now he has 2. Not like I said Cano was trash, I was saying that Roberts had the history of not tanking the first half and also provided the power speed combo rather than just power and no steals. I think being able to draft a team and get the production you expected is important. I have a team with Haren, Hanson, Lee, and Lilly but my ERA is over 5 anyway.

Cano can obviously play but just imagine if he could draw walks like a typical .320+ hitter and not hit so many grounders, he could be a first round guy.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:42 am

Grounded Polo wrote:Why is that quote unreliable? He had ONE season as someone who produced in the first half, now he has 2.

What does this even mean? The last four seasons OPS .871, 715, 841, .890... Unreliable I guess.

^still trying to figure out which year was matthia's deemed breakout year. I mean he did accurately predict a 34 year old steroid user, over weight, coming off a wrist injury DH to decline. So we must respect that.

Pretty soon Big Pimpin is going to say Cano's WAR makes him less valuable than Franklin is!!!
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers