H2H Punting Category - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

H2H Punting Category

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2H Punting Category

Postby bigmck » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:14 pm

This is my first year in a H2H Category League where each category is one win. I am thinking of punting saves to beef up my other categories. It is a 5X5 league. What do you think about this?
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H Punting Category

Postby Gaze » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:35 pm

I'd say it's pretty common practice to punt saves in a lot of leagues because closers are kept on such a short leash... If you're in a position to lock down an elite closer, then you might be better off punting another category like SB but if you're already into the 2nd tier of closers then forget about it altogether.
Gaze
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: H2H Punting Category

Postby turtle102009 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Punting any category is always foolish. If you punt saves that means you get a loss every single week with no chance of ever getting a win. So thats an automatic 20-22 losses (depending on the length of the season). There is no possible way you can guarantee that you will get enough talent covering the other 9 categories to make up 20-22 losses. If you were already going to be good in most categories that means you were already going to win above 50% of your matchups there which makes it very difficult to make up 20-22 losses with just 2-4 players (since most teams carry 2-4 closers). Its a small investment in order to have a shot at every category every week.
turtle102009
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Commissioner's Corner