H.Street - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

H.Street

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H.Street

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 pm

This does not look good, :-t I had high hopes for him, got him in an auction $26

As Per Rotoworld:
Huston Street felt tightness in his shoulder while playing catch Tuesday and has been shut down indefinitely.
Street is almost certainly going to start the 2010 season on the disabled list. He was sent for an MRI and should know the results by Wednesday afternoon or evening. With Rafael Betancourt (shoulder) also sidelined, the Rockies may turn to former ninth-inning hurler Manny Corpas or they could try Franklin Morales in the role. This is obviously a storyline worth tracking.

Who takes over? Corpas or Morales, with Betencourt out, who should I pick up.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H.Street

Postby Nat Uralice » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:56 pm

uuuugh I had high hopes for him this year. Hopefully this is only a minor setback and the writers are overreacting. I'm picking up Corpas because he has better peripherals and more experience than Morales thus far.
Can't worry about tomorrow's pain tonight.
Nat Uralice
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fezzik » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:15 pm

I would pick up Betancourt since he is scheduled to only miss 2-3 weeks of the season at the moment and should take over as the closer if it is anything major.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby fezzik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:23 am

Okay, I take it back. Apparently Morales is next in line and Tracy wants to keep Betancourt in the setup role if Street is out for any considerable length of time.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bananaphone » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 pm

I have been following Morales for awhile now, and the team (at least Tracy..) has been pushing for Morales to close since he came back last season. Tracy probably wants to keep his set up relief intact, and not have to shake things up. Putting Morales there would give him that situation. Plus I believe Street is ready to walk pretty soon, so they'd want to put that younger, more controllable option at the end of the game. Sets up for later years, or even later in the season if they deal Street at the deadline.

As far as the other guys, I think Corpas is pretty much done these days, and Betancourt doesn't help them down the road as far as future closer is concerned. Dude is fairly old.
bananaphone
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby DrFANatic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:11 pm

I've got Street in a league that allows an owner to keep two DL players. In light of today's news, how big of a risk is it to keep Street? Will he actually pitch again this year and if so, will he be effective?
DrFANatic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:23 pm

DrFANatic wrote:I've got Street in a league that allows an owner to keep two DL players. In light of today's news, how big of a risk is it to keep Street? Will he actually pitch again this year and if so, will he be effective?

I mean if you have 2 DL slots you may as well use them unless you really need them. At this point I honestly think it was stupid for Street to try to 'pitch through it', and is only going to cuz major consequences this year, and possibly for his career. His target timetable return was Early May before the set back, with this now tho I really have to wonder if he makes it back by the end of May at the earliest, if they don't just decide to shut him down. They have guys that can fill that void, so I guess its just a wait and see.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Lsquad » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 am

"Street visited Dr. James Andrews on Monday for a second opinion on his shoulder and received positive news, the Denver Post reports."

I never want to hear about a Pitcher I own visiting Andrews, but it looks like the best possible news for his owners, as Andrews found no issues.
Lsquad
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates