P: Rich Harden
BN: Jorge Cantu
BN: Jose Lopez
BN:Alex Rios
BN: Carlos Gonzalez
BN: Rafael Furcal
BN: Randy Wolf
BN: Carlos Quentin

Well i got a lot of steals i think. I love my outfield and the corners of the infield are good too. let me know what ya think
Rabid58
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 Team H2H First Season

Postby Rabid58 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:28 pm

no one?
Rabid58
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Padres Fan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:29 am

i would look at getting another C to either replace Posada or back him up when he is sore, especially since the yankees are looking to transition to a new younger backstop, maybe trade one of your OF for a Kurt Suzuki type, solid hitting plays everyday

backing up Reyes with Furcal could be risky as he is injury prone too with a bad back

otherwise the hitting is good

the pitching is good but not stellar

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=403564
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Rabid58 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:14 am

Yeah i didn't know about my catcher but i just offered a trade to try to get him. Doubt it will work but will see. John Danks is in the FA pool and i'm trying to get on the waiver line so that would boost my pitching some more. Who could i look to back up my catcher and if furcal isn't good enough who is a decent back up if Reyes gets hurt?
Rabid58
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby oleredb » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:16 pm

It is hard to rate the team without knowing your league settings.

It looks to me like you have overkill in SB at the expense of HR and RBI. You do have help on the bench if some of your players rebound or break out.

I would recommend that you have at least 3 and mayber 4 closers in a 10 team h2h league; try to keep an active SP or one of the RPs in every pitching spot every day of each match to optimize your pitching score unless you have a max innings pitched limit.

I would also recommend adding at least one and preferably two more SP unless your league has a weekly lock on roster changes.

In a 10 team league I would only be concerned about carryinbg a deep bench of OFs if your league has a very tight limit on acquisitions for the season. Don't drop an elite player, but don't keep an average OF player in a bench spot.
oleredb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Rabid58 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:25 pm

well here i have the scoring stats and stuff

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Total Bases (TB), Batting Average (AVG)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

So should i look for some trades to get more HR and power hitters? So i should pick up 1 or 2 more RP and same with SP? but then i would have to drop 4 players off my bench so i'm not sure who i would want to drop. As i said i'm about to get Danks but there are some closers like Chad Qualls, Leo Nunez, and Frank Fransisco. Any suggestions?
Rabid58
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby oleredb » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Carlos Gonzalez is redundant as a 7th OF on your team (I usually have 5 on my rosters if there are 3 active OF playing slots). I would prefer to have either C. Qualls or F. Francisco in his place as a third closer (3 is enough with your settings).

Since your league counts pitching Losses and Walks as well as Holds it is slanted toward RPs. You can punt Ws and Ks and still win 6 pitching categories, so forget my advice to add the additional SPs and find a couple of setup pitchers who do not close with a track record of low ERA and low WHIP instead to boost your hold count. Take your time doing this and work for a trade perhaps packaging Rios and Furcal together for a better SS option.

I like Danks and he will give you an abundance of SPs based upon your league settings.

I would definitely keep J. Lopez and C. Quentin. Both will get you HR and RBIs that you need.

IMO J. Cantu is okay, but not great in a ten team league. Furcal is high risk as a backup SS. You already have so many SBs that Rios will only profit your team unlrss he puts up career HR numbers this season.

If your league settings allow you to place Reyes in a DL slot (after the Mets officially put him on their DL) do so and add another setup RP without dropping him.
oleredb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Rabid58 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:51 pm

Ok so this is what i have now. I dropped Carlos Gonzalez and picked up John Danks. I also packaged Jorge Cantu and Alex Rios for Jose Valverde so my pitching looks like so.
SP: Jon Lester
SP: Ubaldo Jimenez
RP: Heath Bell
RP: Jose Valverde (once trade is processed)
P: John Danks
P: Wandy Rodriguez
BN: Rich Harden
BN: Randy Wolf

I still haven't found any SS i could go after but am still looking. Any ideas on who i could get for say Furcal and Lopez? IF Reyes is actually healthy i think i will be fine but that a big IF. the teams looking decent now. Still need some HR work i think but not sure what i can do about that
Rabid58
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team