Coors Field Pitching - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Coors Field Pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Coors Field Pitching

Postby Dark Treb » Tue May 21, 2002 5:14 pm

I've got Brian Lawrence and Brett Tomko pitching in Coors. I've looked at the scores lately, and there hasn't been many explosions. Is Coors safe? At first I didn't think so, but then I looked at some scores from games there.
Dark Treb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Tue May 21, 2002 6:08 pm

I'm still parking pitchers on the bench when they start at Coors. The numbers are still inconclusive (as far as the humidor effect is concerned), but in this homestand (7 games so far), the Rockies scored 10 once and 7 three times. If you're not desperate for the innings, I wouldn't take the risk.

If you have to start one, I'd go with Tomko; Lawrence has been getting shelled on the road.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mktgteach » Tue May 21, 2002 6:34 pm

It is everyone's guess. It really depends on the pitcher. Hampton is ok, but he is no Tom Glavine who pitched well in Coors recently.

It is like all of fantasy, sometimes, it is just a guess.

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Dark Treb » Tue May 21, 2002 10:13 pm

Yeah, I think I'll sit them. I'm pushing my innings limit, and there's no better place to sit guys ... except maybe Enron, err ... "Astros" Field.
Dark Treb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bender » Tue May 21, 2002 11:09 pm

I have been benching pitchers just about everywhere lately, to get under the limit, and I am finally there. I still will only start them at good pitching stadiums against bad teams as much as possible though.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Wed May 22, 2002 9:00 am

Ordinarily I'd say keeping a close eye on the limit is a good idea, but this year may be the exception.

If your limit is, say, 1450 ip and you're on pace to match that total, you'll be out a whole lot of innings (and stats) if there is in fact a lockout - or strike, or "work stoppage," or whatever word they'll choose this time (how about non-playing interlude?) - later this season. If you use up a large portion of your allotment early, you'll be less flexible later, but in the case of a strike, you'll have a huge edge over teams that pace themselves normally. If there is no strike (hopefully), you can always deal pitchers for hitters before your trade deadline.

Unfortunately, this tactic may be key to winning a league this year. Sad as it is, fantasy players will have to adjust while hopßing for the best.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers