First real draft of the spring. Rate/Help me WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First real draft of the spring. Rate/Help me WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First real draft of the spring. Rate/Help me WHIR

Postby imnottheonly » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:50 am

So first real draft underway after a number of mocks. The league 12 teams mixed league non-keeper. We start 25 players same as a major league roster. Also starts two catchers.I started with the 9th overall pick in the snaking draft. I went after positions without alot of depth early and waited to build my OF and RP core which is the weakness on my team right now. Please rate the team and give any advice you can, most definately Will respond to you if you leave a link as well. Thanks!

Pos-Player-round

C- Joe Mauer-1st
C-Yorvitt Torrealba-25th
1B-Derek Lee-6th
2B-Robinson Cano-4th
3B-David Wright-2nd
SS-Elvis Andrus-8th
CI-Ryan Zimmerman-3rd
MI-Felipe Lopez-20th
OF-Hunter Pence-9th
OF-Nyjer Morgan-11th
OF-Nolan Reimold- 12th
OF-Jayson Heyward-15th
OF-Travis Snider-21st
UTL-Todd Helton-18th
UTL-Jeff francouer-23rd
BN-Jack Cust-26th
BN-J.J. Hardy-30th
BN-Brandon Wood-27th

SP-Yovani Gollardo- 5th
SP-Josh Beckett-7th
SP-Jered Weaver-10th
SP-Rick Porcello-14th
RP-Brian Fuentes-13th
RP-John Rauch-16th
RP-Jason Frasor-17th
RP-Chris Perez-22nd
P-Tim Hudson-19th
P-Brian Matusz-24th
BN-Brad Ziegler-28th
BN-Aroldis Chapman-29th

So there you have it I dont think my team is stacked by any means but I do feel I have a very stout infield some high ceiling young OF players and I felt I did a good job with my late round fliers/sleepers nabbing Hardy,Wood,Ziegler,with 3 of my last 4 picks.I do feel I reached on a few picks Heyward in the 15th since he could start the season in minors,Snider in the 21st because I probably could have waited another 3-4 rounds, and Andrus in the 8th again probably could have waited a round or two. I basically punted saves the pick of Brian Fuentes was one of the ones I felt bad about, the closer run had already happened and I figured I could nab him as cheap saves to go along with maybe a ryan franklin the next time around but alas no good options remained when it came back around so I went to closers in waiting/leading candidates for up in the air jobs to finish out my RP. So let me know what you think suggestions of where to improve,who to move, and even players I should pursue. Remember WHIR
imnottheonly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First real draft of the spring. Rate/Help me WHIR

Postby imnottheonly » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:02 pm

come on no one has any advice at all?
imnottheonly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team