12 Team H2H team with non-standard cats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 Team H2H team with non-standard cats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 Team H2H team with non-standard cats

Postby K_Zone » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:07 am

So i play in a 12 team H2H with C,1b,2b,SS,3b,OF.OF.OF.UTIL SP,SP,SP,SP,RP,RP,P 9 bench spots and 1 DL.
We play an interesting 9x9 scoring set up:

(R), (2B), (3B), (HR), (RBI), (SB), (K), (AVG), (OBP) ,
(IP), (W), (L), (CG), (SV), (ERA), (K/9), (WHIP), (QS)

Here is what i drafted, I think my hitting is solid, and my pitching seems risky thoughts?

c Miguel Montero
1b Albert Pujols
2b Robinson Cano
SS Alcides Escobar
3b Ryan Zimmerman
OF Carl Crawford
OF Jayson Werth
OF Rajai Davis
UT Derrek Lee

BN Jason Heyward, JD Drew Colby Rasmus Nick Johnson

SP Tommy Hanson
SP Chad Billingsley
SP Edwin Jackson
SP Francisco Liriano
RP Rafael Soriano
RP Joakim Soria
P Matt Thornton

BN Brandon Webb, Justin Duchscherer, Madison Bumgarner Marc Rzepcynski, Brad Penny
~Keep it in the K Zone~
K_Zone
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team H2H team with non-standard cats

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:45 am

Your pitching is the weak spot, and that's too bad because with a league that counts both Wins and QS you have the opportunity to double up. I probably would have punted saves altogether. I'm really not a fan of CG as a stat in H2H leagues... seems far too arbitrary. Also, you use IP as a counting stat? Ugh.

That being said, you have a great offense with some useful trade chips if you decide to go that direction.

Here's mine: viewtopic.php?t=402985
-Lane
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Re: 12 Team H2H team with non-standard cats

Postby K_Zone » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks for the input, oh i am not a fan of the CG stat, but my league insists on it. I have at least gotten Shutouts for pitchers and errors as an offensive cat taken out of the cats since i've been in the league. CG is a crap shoot, but we also play triples which i feel is a crap shoot also. IP is a quirky cat in our league because we play k/9 and L's. So depending on the week it might not pay to chase IP W and QS at the risk to ERA WHIP K/9 and L. But there are some managers going that way this year Lincicum, Hallady, CC, Grienke, Felix, Carp, Haren all went in the first 35 picks, the first of those four were gone in the top 15. I just don't trust starting pitching that much and half the time the guy is only gonna give you one start a week.

So i went 6 bats then 3 arms
1. (1) Albert Pujols
2. (24) Carl Crawford
3. (25) Ryan Zimmerman
4. (48) Robinson Canó
5. (49) Jayson Werth
6. (72) Derrek Lee
7. (73) Tommy Hanson
8. (96) Joakim Soria
9. (97) Chad Billingsley

I guess this year i am ok with my risky staff only because i have a good track record of picking up talent of the wavier wire if needed. I pay for saves because our league has fairly deep benches and almost all the prospective closers are rostered. I usually like to fill my roster with SP eligible RP as the season goes on, cutting dead bats, that can help me vulture Wins/Saves and put up elite ratios. Phil Hughes was a monster on my team going into the playoffs last year, effectively letting me start 4 RP arms everyday when most teams only had 3, forgot to add this is a daily league so i would still get all my starts in. Any one else implement a similar strategy?
~Keep it in the K Zone~
K_Zone
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team