Masterpiece or changes needed? *WHIR* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Masterpiece or changes needed? *WHIR*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Masterpiece or changes needed? *WHIR*

Postby baseketball4life » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Hey here's my main money league team for the 2010 season, it's a 14 team league, head to head and 5x5 on yahoo. Let me know what you guys think, are there any red flags? people that need to go? also leave a link if you have a thread I'll be more than happy to help you out asap.

C Brian McCann (career year?)
1B Lance Berkman (contract year motivated should bounce back, has a knee bruise now but plenty of time)
2B Rickie Weeks (produces when he plays but will he finally put in 600 ABs?)
SS Jimmy Rollins (talking about swiping 50, but im looking for more like 40... showed off power 2nd half of last year)
3B Mark Reynolds (everyone knows the power is real, now can he improve the average or will it get worse?)
OF BJ Upton (immense talent always leaves owners wanting more)
OF Adam Lind (the unsung masher in Toronto doesn't get the pub but is probably a better version of Jason Bay)
OF Josh Hamilton (everyone know's hes a world class hitter when he's right, but thats the question healthy?)
util Carlos Gonzalez (should be 20/20 given 500 ABs with ease... immense talent and hitting lead off for a nice Rockie team at coors)
util Lastings Milledge (scorching so far in ST, hit 290 with Pitt last year... 5 tool talent)
bn Elijah Dukes
bn Cameron Maybin

SP Chris Carpenter (simply elite while healthy, if he can put in 220 IP this year or even 200 he's a real find in round 4 of a 14 teamer)
SP Rich Harden (always posts good ERA/WHIP, which great K rate... injury risk)
RP Kerry Wood (had a good 2nd half should be solid source of SV)
RP Matt Capps (Nationals look better on paper, can he be solid?)
P Scott Kazmir (looked the part with the Angels last year, hitting 95-96 consistently and displaying a nasty slider... odd because he was only hitting 91-92 with the Rays prior to going to the Angels, he credits pitching coach for the return of his stuff)
P Roy Oswalt (should bounce back, not a K King but contributes solidly there)
P Max Scherzer (high potential, low risk great K-rate and stuff, can he finally breakout like a Clayton kershaw?)
bn Brandon Lyon (3rd closer for SV)
bn Matt Lindstrom (incase injury to Lyon lingers or he faulters)
bn Oliver Perez (cheap source of Ks)
bn Barry Zito (quietly put together an awesome second half 2.83 ERA 1.29 WHIP over 86 innings to 74 K's... could be servicable back end guy)
bn Colby Lewis deep sleeper who was ridiculous in Japan the past 2 years.

thoughts?

leave a link =))
Go Heels
baseketball4life
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Masterpiece or changes needed? *WHIR*

Postby baseketball4life » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:57 pm

bump
Go Heels
baseketball4life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby K_Zone » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:22 am

Boom or bust in the outfield, not a fan of having to start rickie weeks, keep your options open with the 2nd util spot you have a lot of post hype sleepers but keep your eyes out for the hot wavier wire bat (thinking chris coghlan last year) otherwise solid hitting.

The top of your pitching looks risky on paper but can all be high K producers. Healthy Carpenter in the 4th round will be a steal, Kazmir will probably be value this year where you picked him. Its the usual fantasy pitching cliche..... stay healthy. If the bug hits scour the wire.

check me out. viewtopic.php?t=402976
~Keep it in the K Zone~
K_Zone
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:08 am

Your pitchers have the potential to put up some sick K numbers to go along with some real bad ratios. I could not handle Oliver Perez on any of my teams, especially in a H2H league.

There is a lot of injury risk on your team. Weeks, Berkman, Hamilton, Harden, Carpenter, Wood... the chance all of them stay healthy is basically 0%. You definitely need a backup 2B.

On the whole a very high risk/high reward team... I could see this team in the top 3 or at the very bottom of the league.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=402985
-Lane
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby baseketball4life » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:17 am

thanks guys, returned the help... im on the look out for a 2b to back up weeks i did take some risks but often times the best value is in those risky players... i dont believe you can predict injuries... even the most durable guys get hurt some years nothing you can do.
Go Heels
baseketball4life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby imnottheonly » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 am

It isn't a masterpiece but in a 14 team league it is a very solid roster. I love your infield while I am unsettled with Rickie Weeks as a starter he certainly has the capability to play well the tools are there just a matter of him mentally putting it together.Your outfield is certainly boom or bust Hamilton as you said is a beast when he is going good and his first spring game back from injury he did go 2-3 so I think if he plays 140+ games this year he certainly can produce OF1 numbers.

The pitching staff I am torn on I think Chris Carpenter is a fantastic starter so no worries there but beyond him not really sure what to think. Rich Harden is again huge risk especially with the move to Texas a huge hitters park watch him closely the first few weeks of the year. Kerry Wood I simply do not trust and a number of rumors are circulating on his moving to the twins, if Chriz Perez is available I would try and nab him as the heir apparent to the closer job in Cleveland he was very good down the stretch last season.

Overall good team watch out for injuries though.

Help me :) viewtopic.php?t=402996
imnottheonly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team