Looking for a couple more owners for a brand new 5x5 roto, keeper, auction league, with a $50 entry fee. League is brand new and starting from scratch. Looking long term and hope to have serious owners and steadily raise the entry fee every year so we can get more in the pot. League is on CBS and fees will be paid through leaguesafe.com. Draft right now will be on the 20th but may be changed to the 21st depending on whats better for all the owners. Trying to be very accomodating so we can finish filling out this league. Rules and details are below. If you are interested please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules · Teams & Owners · Finances · Draft Results · League Message Board · Calendar · History
Since you have commissioner access, you may change your league settings by clicking the appropriate red links below. Links are not available to non-commissioners when viewing this page.
Draft: • Live Auction Draft, 3/20/10 03:00 pm ET.
• 29 Rounds.
• Salary cap is $260 per team.
• Nomination is limited to 30 seconds, limit of 30 seconds between bids.
Player Pool: AL and NL Players.
Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, OF, U and P.
Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 5 games this year.
Transactions: • Lineups are set once for the start of each period.
Deadline is 5 minutes before gametime on the first day of the period.
• Owners may set lineups and change players' positions from a list of their eligible positions.
• Only players who are on the disabled list may be placed into Injured status.
• Only players in the minor leagues may be placed into Minors status.
• Add/drops are handled by a automated blind bidding auction process (FAAB).
• The faab process runs on Sunday and Wednesday.
• Each team will have a starting budget of $100.
• Zero bids are allowed.
• The tie break order resets after each weeks' games.
• Dropped players will not be auctioned for at least 1 day(s)
• Trades are subject to a 2-day voting period, where at most 5 objections are allowed. Trades receiving more than 5 objections are sent to the commissioner for approval.
• No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 pm et 8/19/10.
(click here to set a reminder)
• Owners may not make trades during the offseason.
Schedule: Weekly scoring periods, starting on Mondays.
Min/Max: Min AB: 3950
Min IP: 900
• Teams not meeting the minimums will receive 0 points in categories using AB or IP (e.g., BA or ERA)
Fees: League Entry Fee: $50
Scoring: Rotisserie System.
Scoring for Batting Categories
BA - Batting Average
HR - Home Runs
R - Runs
RBI - Runs Batted In
SB - Stolen Bases
Scoring for Pitching Categories
ERA - Earned Run Average
K - Strikeouts (Pitcher)
S - Saves
W - Wins
WHIP - Walks + Hits / Inning
Constitution: Trades can begin immediately after draft. There will be a veto process. If 5 owners veto your trade then it will be cancelled. If you trade for a player you take on that players salary.
There is a $300 salary cap for the league. You cannot have more than $300 dollars in active players on your roster at one time. DL'd players do not count.
There is an FAAB process for picking up free agents. Every owner will have a $100 dollar budget for the whole year to bid on free agents. Every Sunday and Wednesday the owner with the highest bid on a player will get that player. If there is a tie then it will go to the owner with the lowest ranking. If you run out of your $100 dollar budget you will have to wait till a player clears an auction before you can pick them up. During an auction you can bid zero dollars and get that player for free if no one else bids.
This is a keeper league with the ability to sign a player to a contract. The first year you keep a player you can keep him at the same price. So if you have Player X for $8 and you decide to keep him next year he will be $8 again. If you want to keep him a second year you will have to decide whether you want to sign him to a 2 or 3 year contract with his price going up $3 every year of the contract. If a player with a contract is traded then the person trading for that player will inherit that contract and the player's salary. You cannot drop a player with a contract. Each owner will be allowed to keep up to $100 in salary every year.
Winnings will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, with 3rd place getting their money back.