How to slot keepers in CBS? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

How to slot keepers in CBS?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How to slot keepers in CBS?

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:35 pm

In a thread last year, I recall someone mentioning that it was possible to assign a given keeper to a particular draft pick in CBS (for instance, I can keep B. Zobrist for a 9th round pick) - but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I've tried every setting I can think of. Does anyone know how to do it? I thought I had to go to Customize Draft Order, but my only options are "select player during draft" or "no pick" - I don't see a way to assign a player to a particular pick.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I should note that we are just moving to CBS this year, so this isn't a case where I have true keepers left over from last year. I'd want to be able to assign players from the free agent pool. Thanks.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How to slot keepers in CBS?

Postby Matthias » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Hm. I don't see a quick way to do it but I also don't want to go around screwing with our draft settings and screw something up in our league.

I would try assigning players via Add Drop and then see what it does once you go back into manipulating draft picks. Otherwise, they have a very good Help system. If you ask a question they generally get back to you within a few hours if you're within the normal business day or the next morning if not.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:42 pm

Matthias wrote:Hm. I don't see a quick way to do it but I also don't want to go around screwing with our draft settings and screw something up in our league.

I would try assigning players via Add Drop and then see what it does once you go back into manipulating draft picks. Otherwise, they have a very good Help system. If you ask a question they generally get back to you within a few hours if you're within the normal business day or the next morning if not.

Thanks - I did try that (adding players to my roster) to no avail. Its not a huge deal, because I can just set those draft spots as "no pick" but its nice to see the full picture during the draft.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby courduroy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:45 am

It took me a year to figure this out and about three painfully long drafts to finally perfect it. But it does work so here is how to go about doing it:

Under 'Setup' go to 'Draft and Rosters'

At this page you need to select 'Set Draft Order' in the Advanced Features

At the Draft Order page you need to Select 'Set Customized Draft Order' again in Advanced Features

Now you need to go through and set each round of the draft, entering keepers where appropriate. Once you do this, if I remember correctly, you can check out draft results and it will show the keepers. Good way to check and see if you entered all of them correctly.

During the draft those players will not be available to draft and will automatically be 'picked' in the round you set. It is rather time consuming especially if you have a large number of keepers but it does work.

Since I am actually contributing some helpful advice, I am going to throw out that if anyone is starting a new league on CBS you can get 1/2 off by using the promo code:

http://cbssports.com/ref/38747310
courduroy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:23 pm

courduroy wrote:It took me a year to figure this out and about three painfully long drafts to finally perfect it. But it does work so here is how to go about doing it:

Under 'Setup' go to 'Draft and Rosters'

At this page you need to select 'Set Draft Order' in the Advanced Features

At the Draft Order page you need to Select 'Set Customized Draft Order' again in Advanced Features

Now you need to go through and set each round of the draft, entering keepers where appropriate. Once you do this, if I remember correctly, you can check out draft results and it will show the keepers. Good way to check and see if you entered all of them correctly.

During the draft those players will not be available to draft and will automatically be 'picked' in the round you set. It is rather time consuming especially if you have a large number of keepers but it does work.

Since I am actually contributing some helpful advice, I am going to throw out that if anyone is starting a new league on CBS you can get 1/2 off by using the promo code:

http://cbssports.com/ref/38747310

Thanks - I was actually going to submit an update. I had initially tried to do exactly what you said, but each team's players weren't showing up in the list box to actually select - only "No Pick" or "Pick during draft". But I accidentally stumbled on something to "fix" it: if I changed the team and then immediately changed back, that team's keepers would pop up in the list for me to select. Some kind of glitch - maybe its new. But I now got it working and the Draft Results accurately show all keepers in their appropriate spots. The only thing concerning me now is that when I go to the Draft Room, it is not obvious that those picks are actually going to be skipped during the draft -I guess I'll just have to hope they do! Thanks again.
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby courduroy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:29 pm

You are correct, it won't show up in the draft room that the pick is a keeper until the actual pick is made. It would be a nice touch if they put the player in the queue but I guess you can't have everything.
courduroy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner