Excel Draft Tracker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Excel Draft Tracker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Excel Draft Tracker

Postby Matthias » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:25 pm

I think some people, maybe Yoda, have done these in the past. But I just did my own and think it's a pretty slick work of a spreadsheet, if I do say so myself, and so am willing to share it with whoever wants a copy.

The way that it works is that as the draft is going along you type in the name of who you just drafted and it updates your current projected stats. I paired that with the 3rd place statistics for the last few years in my league to give me a live sense of where my projected stats are relative to what I'm shooting for. I set it up for my auction draft so if you type in the salary of who you just got, it will also tell you if you're running under or over budget (I gave myself target budget at each position).

The projections I used are averaged projections from lastplayerpicked but you can obviously put in your own. You just have to pay attention to what column you're pulling the data from for the vlookup. Also something to pay attention to is it will only work if you type in the name exactly as it appears in the data sheet. So if you're not finding data, that's the first thing to check.

One last thing to note: I'm not sure exactly the best way to keep a running tally. If you should just leave the vacant positions blank or if you should put in the players that you project yourself getting at each spot and then replacing them with the player that you actually get when you draft them. But I'm leaning towards the latter. Because then you have a real sense of where your stats should end up at and what needs you to address in the draft to make up for any projected deficit.

So.... if anybody is interested, PM me with an email address and I'll send you a copy.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers