Alvarez or Smoak or Bumgarner - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Alvarez or Smoak or Bumgarner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Alvarez or Smoak or Bumgarner

Postby BUCCOFAN » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:29 pm

I am in a deep 15 team Auction Keeper League (Large Roster) were we draft a starting lineup of the following, 2-Catchers 2-1B 2-2B 2-3B, 2-SS 6-OF 8-Pitchers(SP or RP) and a 6 man bench. We are allowed to carry over 12 players and 1 minor leagu eligible player. I think I got my 12 keepers set, but was wondering out of these 3 minor league guys, Who should I protect and carry over to the coming season, and Why?

3B - P.Alvarez $5 (currently will be eligible @ 3B, but scouts still insist that he will make a Pujols move across the diamond due to his size and foot work)
OR
1B - J.Smoak $2 (hearing allot of scouts compare this kid to former Ranger Mark Teixeira, I personally think he makes it to the show this season, very high on him)
OR
SP - M.Bumgarner $3 (had a cup of coffee, in September last year, pitched alright but has lost about 5mph of his heat. Very Strange and concerning, :-o even this spring he is still only clocking out at 89-90mph, His stock seems to be dropping. I still have the faith but its hanging by a thread.) :-?

Thoughts? greatly appreciated.

My current keepers at the following positions above are.

1B - A.Pujols $44
1B - K.Morales $11
(might not have room for Smoak regardless, something to think about. But Morales could be trade bait later in the season)

3B - no keeper options currently on my roster, hence why I prefer Alvarez. Being a BuccoFan helps too. :-b

SP - A.Wainwright $18
SP - J.Johnson $1
SP - T.Hudson $3
SP - C.Lee $3
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 279)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Alvarez or Smoak or Bumgarner

Postby jeffmerk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:40 pm

Alvarez and Smoak are very close so you might as well save $3. Smoak will be in a more favorable ballpark and lineup. Pujols is no bargain at $44 so you could always trade him for a 3B and other needs.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball