Martin Prado, 2B Atlanta - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Martin Prado, 2B Atlanta

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Martin Prado, 2B Atlanta

Postby West » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:51 am

Anyone like him this year? He's always had doubles power but he surprised with 10 home runs in '09. He has a higher career OPS in the majors (.810) than in the minors (.747). According to Cox he has the starting 2B gig and this will be his first time coming into the spring with a full time job. He's being taken on average around the 19th round (in mixed leagues) around guys like McGehee and Placido Polanco. How does he stack up to these guys? With the lack of depth in the middle infield those will be the later options for those in NL only and deeper leagues.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Martin Prado, 2B Atlanta

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:12 pm

i think his value could depend on where he is in the batting order.
any idea of where he will be hitting?
i imagine the heart of the order will be something like Jones/McCann/Glaus?
is McLouth leading off? is Escobar batting 2nd?
if Prado can bat near the top of the order to get alot of R i would like him alot more than having him bat low in the order. he does have a good OBP so he could be a good option near the top, but does that mean McLouth 3rd followed by Jones/McCann/ect
he should have above .300 AVG
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby West » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:32 pm

The latest has it looking something like this:

1. CF Nate McLouth
2. 2B Martin Prado
3. 3B Chipper Jones
4. 1B Troy Claus
5. C Brian McCann
6. SS Yunel Escobar
7. LF Jordan Schafer
8. RF Matt Diaz
9. A pitcher.

Which would give Prado plenty of opportunities to score runs as well as see some nice pitches batting in front of Chipper.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:48 pm

i have to say im surprised to see Escobar hitting so low. i would have thought the Braves would go with Escobar and Prado 1/2 or vice versa. Escobar and Prado both have good OBP to be on base for the others. McLouth should be the one lower rather than him being so high. McLough has a decent OBP, but he doesnt hit that well for AVG. McLouth would probually be better used down like 5 or 6 instead of Escobar.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby MaudDib » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:14 pm

I like Prado on a number of levels. He should give decent value especially if he does hit at the top of the order. His BA should be on the plus side of .300 along with a decent OBP which should give him R. On top of that he gives you 3 positions which is always nice. Not a starter in most leagues but worth having around when needed.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:30 pm

MaudDib wrote:On top of that he gives you 3 positions.

this i what i was gonna to say.
i dont think i would have Prado starting in a regular league, but having him on the bench with eligibility at 1B/2B/3B is really nice to fill in when starters have the day off so you can get the maximum from your positions.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 pm

I think this would be their best lineup...

1.McLouth
2.Prado
3.Escobar
4.McCann
5.Jones
6.Glaus
7.Diaz
8.Schafer

Jones isn't the best player on this team anymore and should be treated accordingly imo.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby drob681 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:03 pm

When did Schafer get put into the mix in Atlanta?? How in the world have you guys mssed the human hype-train that is Jason heyward? Schafer probably won't even make the team....

Projected braves lineup is as follows...

Mclouth
Prado
Jones
McCann
Glaus
Escobar
Heyward (if not him then Diaz...)
Melky Cabrera
SP

Prado will hit for a .300 avg. The statements about Pradu being an above average UTIL man are correct. He's worthy of a starting spot in 14 team leagues...12 teamers he's a plug in guy with potential to land around the #7-10 ranking 2B. He's an excellent draft choice if you have a shaky 3B like Jones or a risky 2B. I like him and would look to pik him up around his ADP if I felt I was light on avg and R.
drob681
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby West » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:00 pm

drob681 wrote:When did Schafer get put into the mix in Atlanta?? How in the world have you guys mssed the human hype-train that is Jason heyward? Schafer probably won't even make the team....

Projected braves lineup is as follows...

Mclouth
Prado
Jones
McCann
Glaus
Escobar
Heyward (if not him then Diaz...)
Melky Cabrera
SP

Prado will hit for a .300 avg. The statements about Pradu being an above average UTIL man are correct. He's worthy of a starting spot in 14 team leagues...12 teamers he's a plug in guy with potential to land around the #7-10 ranking 2B. He's an excellent draft choice if you have a shaky 3B like Jones or a risky 2B. I like him and would look to pik him up around his ADP if I felt I was light on avg and R.

For the sake of the Braves and fantasy owners everywhere, I would much rather see Heyward in there than Shafer. That was just what I read. At this rate Heyward will probably make the team but it is all up to Cox and whether the general management wants to delay his arbitration clock by starting him in AAA.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby colt4523 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:38 pm

I like Prado this year. I think he will put up solid numbers if stays at the top of the order. He is actually the second basemen I am targeting in my 16 team league.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers