Best Draft Site? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Best Draft Site?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Draft Site?

Postby Bloody Sox » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:12 am

I am struggling with something and I'm hoping someone can help. We have moved our league to Yahoo, but they have way too many restrictions on the draft - biggest of all is not being able to trade draft picks. So, I am planning to run my draft elsewhere and import the results manually into Yahoo. So what is my best option? I don't mind paying for it. Other things to consider - we need to be able to slot keepers into certain draft picks and need to be able to trade draft picks before and during the draft. One other lesser consideration is that most of us will be meeting in person to draft, so if there's some way to improve that experience while drafting online, I'd love to hear it - thanks!
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best Draft Site?

Postby bigmck » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:02 am

Use ESPN, you can trade Draft picks and the site is free. == The best pay site is CBS. If you don't have any special things you use in your league, ESPN will take care of you.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 58)

Postby Bloody Sox » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 am

bigmck wrote:Use ESPN, you can trade Draft picks and the site is free. == The best pay site is CBS. If you don't have any special things you use in your league, ESPN will take care of you.

Thanks. I'm not actually worried about where to host the league. We're definitely running the league on Yahoo, I just don't want to do the draft there. I could set up a league at CBS (we used to run our league there) on the 14 day free trial just to host the draft there. I did see that ESPN lets you trade draft picks... can you trade them during the draft, or only before the draft starts?
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby BoBtheMule » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:49 pm

espn only lets you trade before but does let your commish pause and adjust picks.
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner