Fantasy Baseball Website for Kids - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball Website for Kids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Baseball Website for Kids

Postby dpware » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:19 pm

Looking to start fantasy baseball league on-line with my family that will include beginners and pre-teen kids.

Looking for something that is easy to start, draft and score with an lower level of time commitment.

Any recommendations?

thanks!
dpware
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fantasy Baseball Website for Kids

Postby wrveres » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:01 pm

just do a simple free yahoo league, and make the transactions weekly instead of daily
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby MTUCache » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Yep, set up your own private league and just switch the settings to be as simple as possible.

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why you couldn't go so far as to set up a 6 person roto league with only 4 simple categories (say, HR/AVG and W/ERA) and only 15 roster spots (C/1/2/3/S/OF/OF/OF/P/P/P/P/BN/BN/BN). Set it up for weekly moves.

You could even do the draft off-line in the comfort of your own living room and manually put in the players later. I don't think you'd have any problem at all.

Unfortunately, my son is only 2, so I won't be able to do this with him this year. Maybe next year. :-D
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 pm

MTUCache wrote:Yep, set up your own private league and just switch the settings to be as simple as possible.

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why you couldn't go so far as to set up a 6 person roto league with only 4 simple categories (say, HR/AVG and W/ERA) and only 15 roster spots (C/1/2/3/S/OF/OF/OF/P/P/P/P/BN/BN/BN). Set it up for weekly moves.

You could even do the draft off-line in the comfort of your own living room and manually put in the players later. I don't think you'd have any problem at all.

Unfortunately, my son is only 2, so I won't be able to do this with him this year. Maybe next year. :-D

2x2 is pushing it, I'd say 4x4 should be simple without making it silly, with HR/RBI/AVG/SB and W/K/ERA/SV. I like the roster setup, maybe with one extra P slot instead of a BN.

I also don't necessarily agree with the weekly transactions setup, because you can set your lineup several days ahead of time in daily leagues, and it might frustrate some of the kids if their player gets injured or if they forget to do it on Sunday.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
MTUCache wrote:Yep, set up your own private league and just switch the settings to be as simple as possible.

2x2 is pushing it, I'd say 4x4 should be simple without making it silly, with HR/RBI/AVG/SB and W/K/ERA/SV. I like the roster setup, maybe with one extra P slot instead of a BN.

I also don't necessarily agree with the weekly transactions setup, because you can set your lineup several days ahead of time in daily leagues, and it might frustrate some of the kids if their player gets injured or if they forget to do it on Sunday.

Totally agree... no need for weekly lineups - its not like you have to shuffle guys on and off your bench in a daily league. Also completely agree with the categories - make sure they are the well known ones (no WHIP for example).
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:55 am

One of the 6 year olds is a huge streamer, that's the reason for weekly.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Neato Torpedo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:13 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:One of the 6 year olds is a huge streamer, that's the reason for weekly.

Yeah, bigwords can be annoying, can't he? :-D

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Return to Baseball Leftovers