How Many Leagues Are You In This Season???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How Many Leagues Are You In This Season????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How Many Leagues Are You In This Season????

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:13 am

Well i just joined my 6th and last league of the year and im not too sure if im over doing it. Ussually i only join 4 leagues bc yahoo only allows 4 per user name and i dont like to use my 2nd name bc i dont show it as much attention. But this season I got invites into some solid leagues with good competition and/or good cash prizes. Im doing a yearly $ league that i do with my friends every year, a 1st yr keeper with the same friends, an Experts Challenge League (here at the Cafe), and then 3 more random money leagues. 2 of the 6 are Roto and 5 of the 6 are Cash leagues. Im excited for each individual league for their own individual reasons but overall, im concerned that i wont be able to focus on every league and compete like i always do. Normally I had 4 leagues and only 2 are "really" serious where i feel like i have something to prove and "must" win and i ussually do. This year, i "really" "must" win all of the leagues, or atleadt i feel that way. Im just curious how many leagues you guys are in and how many leagues youre able to focus on without losing your competitive edge, which im afraid i may do this year with too many leagues to focus on. Thanks for your feedback!!
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How Many Leagues Are You In This Season????

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 am

I'm in 6, which is 1-2 more than I would have liked to enter this year:

12 Angry Men (12-team H2H 5x5 dynasty)
ECL (12-team Roto 5x5 redraft)
Holics Challenge (14-team Roto 5x5 weekly redraft)
Holics Masters (15-team Roto 5x5 weekly redraft)
H2HWS USA West (14-team Roto 6X6 redraft + OPS & HLD)
Yahoo Roto Arcade Pro-Am (16-team (?) H2H auction)

I just play for fun and good competition. The more I keep playing, the less I care for money leagues, to be honest, unless there's a league with a massive payoff ($2,000+). I don't have a single friend who plays fantasy baseball sadly and I rely on the cafe to make up for a good league.

The more I'm tied into work, the more I favor weekly leagues and I like playing in a couple each year. Everyday isn't a rat race to add players and I can just give the weekly leagues a minute's glance a day (at most, 2-3) without having to peer again at the league.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby fast dogs » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 am

I think alot of it depends how much time you have available to devote to fantasy; as well as how many different types of leagues and formats they are. Heck I think 2 daily transactions leagues require more effort than 6 weekly 1's. You might not scour every team in every leagues roster looking for potential deals that help you quite as much, but if you have alot of time to play fantasy baseball you might not notice much difference between 4 and 6. Last year I played in 5 and this year I'm doing 6 but they are all exactly the same format with 2 pickups per week max so its really easier than jumping between leagues and setups. I do end up taking notes about what I want to do in the not to distant future, which helps. I think it is possible to play 6 leagues and give each your best shot if you don't mind putting in the time. Or if you are in leagues which trade at the drop of a hat & need much attention, you might find you've bitten off more than you can chew.Clearly you are near the limit, if you've gone over it or not, only you can say for sure.I know I spend more time on fantasy baseball than almost anyone, so it hasn't been a problem. I'm still 1 of the most active mangers in all my leagues, but I have no other life either, so that helps
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 320)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:15 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:The more I'm tied into work, the more I favor weekly leagues and I like playing in a couple each year. Everyday isn't a rat race to add players and I can just give the weekly leagues a minute's glance a day (at most, 2-3) without having to peer again at the league.

I absolutely hate weekly leagues. I did a couple of them a few years ago and I always missed the deadline to set the lineup for the week. Interestingly enough, I really enjoy playing fantasy football. I guess that with stuff happening everyday in baseball, it is difficult to remember on Sunday that a pitcher got injured on Tuesday and you have to take him out of the lineup. :-D

I'm playing only one league this year.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 213)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:24 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:I absolutely hate weekly leagues. I did a couple of them a few years ago and I always missed the deadline to set the lineup for the week. Interestingly enough, I really enjoy playing fantasy football. I guess that with stuff happening everyday in baseball, it is difficult to remember on Sunday that a pitcher got injured on Tuesday and you have to take him out of the lineup. :-D

same, they're super boring and i can't force myself to pay attention enough to remember to set my line up every week.

This year I'm playing 2 money leagues (both roto) and 2 free leagues (both h2h).
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 454)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:36 am

1. H2H, 12 teams Cafe keep 10 + farm system (3rd year, second as a keeper)
2. H2H, 20 team dynasty (5th year)

Not interested in playing more then 2 this year.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:13 am

1. Experts Challenge League (Cafe)
2. Cafeholics Challenge League (Cafe)
3. Cafeholics n00b Scum (Cafe)
4. NIU Delta Upsilon League (Friends)

The Cafeholics leagues are weekly transactions so I wanna see how much of a time suck they are compared to daily leagues. If it's anywhere near as much, then I'll be pretty much maxed out this year. Ideally, my setup would be each of:

12-team, regular settings, expanded rosters, Cafe
14/15-team 'Holics-style, Cafe
12-team, regular settings, expanded rosters, keeper/dynasty, Cafe
12-team, regular settings, any roster, casual friends league
wild card

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:59 am

i'm in 5, will probably end up in 6. there's enough difference between them all to keep me interested though
1. 12 team 5x5 roto redraft $425 buy-in with some strangers i met through my keeper league
2. 12 team H2H points redraft $100 with friends
3. 12 team 5x5 roto keeper $212.50 with strangers i found through the Cafe
4. 12 team 5x5 H2H Dynasty (12 Angry Men Cafe league - defending champ B-) )
5. 15 team 5x5 roto (Cafe holics n00bs)
6. ?? team ?x? H2H AL Only (players and cats seem to change every year...it's a casual league with friends)

all but the Dynasty are weekly lineups which i prefer...daily gets to be such a grind. i'm also not really a fan of the Yahoo style H2H either
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 am

Probably two too many this year because of AD. :-t
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby kaiser » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:15 am

I'm playing 4:

ESPN 10 team 5x5 roto non-keeper (I've been playing in this league since 1998).
ESPN 12 team H2H auction keeper (3rd season in this one)
ESPN 14 team 5x5 roto non-keeper (second season)
Yahoo/Cafe Experts N00bs League 12 team 5x5 non-keeper (first season)

This is one more league than I would prefer, but the invite to join the Cafe N00bs League was too tempting to pass up. I find it difficult to give enough attention to more than 3 or 4 teams, especially since they are all daily transaction leagues.

I really don't like weekly leagues in baseball.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 324)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers