I am commish of a 10-team league on Yahoo and we are in our 8th year. Most of the teams have been the same from year-to-year. I'm interested in making the league more competitive without going up 2 teams to form a 12-team league. Our league settings are as follows:
• 5x5, H2H format
• 40 transaction limit, 20 trades limit, trade deadline of Aug. 8 (Sunday of the last 2x series)
• start C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, 1 Util; start 2 SP, 2 RP, 3 P
• 6 bench spots, 2 DL spots
Some ideas I had include:
• increasing transaction limit to 50 (average 2 per week, even through playoffs). Low enough to discourage streaming?
• make trade deadline August 22, two weeks before playoffs start.
• add 1 Util
• add 1 or 2 bench spots
• add 1 or DL spots
Any thoughts? Or should I leave things as they are? I've read that for a 10-team league, drafting 22 rounds (220 players) leaves a lot of talent out there on the waiver wire, and there's not much risk taking.