First team of the season... not sure about it... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First team of the season... not sure about it...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First team of the season... not sure about it...

Postby kirchinator » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Hey, I've been doing fantasy baseball for a long time but never really knew about sites like this so I thought I'd give this a shot. Myself and a bunch of other college guys just made a league with a bit of cash involved so I definitely want to get some advice and win haha. It's a 12 team, standard yahoo H2H format. I tried to go for a bunch of speed and well rounded guys on offense, and since I usually try for my usual low ERA + WHIP reliever strat I got Nathan a bit high... but lost track and screwed it up, but whatever. What do you guys think?

C- Victor Martinez
1B- Lance Berkman
2B- Placido Polanco
3B- Aramis Ramirez
SS- Elvis Andrus
OF- Ryan Braun
OF- Jacoby Ellsbury
OF- Hunter Pence
Util- Carlos Gonzales
Util- Nyjer Morgan
BN- Jose Lopez
BN- Casey McGehee

SP- Cliff Lee
SP- Cole Hammels
RP- Joe Nathan
RP- Rafael Soriano
P- Matt Capps
P- Mike Gonzalez
P- Max Scherzer
BN- Clay Buchholtz
BN- Homer Baily
BN- Joba Chamberlain

*My thoughts were that Casey McGehee needs to go and get rid of either Joba or Baily for another bat on the bench. Some one told me they were interested in a trade involving Berkman too so maybe I could give him up.
kirchinator
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First team of the season... not sure about it...

Postby Bucktail30 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

I think you drafted very well. You followed your plan(well rounded/speed) and your team is solid.
I think SP is one of your weaknesses. Hamels and Lee will be solid. I really like Scherzer this year. After that your guys have potential but are unproven.
I see another weakness in Ramirez and Polanco (old/injuries). Saying that I wouldn't drop McGehee. He might have gotten lucky last year. If he repeats he will be useful because of his 2B/3B eligibility.
Definately trade Berkman if you can get decent value. I'd try for another 1B and a SP. 1b is so deep you could get some decent to fill in. Maybe someone like James Loney/Adam LaRoche and a number 2/3 SP.

Good Luck!
Bucktail30
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team