MLB 2k10 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

MLB 2k10

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: MLB 2k10

Postby jfg » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:26 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:They sometimes still fix RROD for free. My friend had a problem with the graphics card in his (colors were messed up), and he was out of warranty. He sent it in saying it had RROD and they sent him a refurb for free. Mine now has the same problem, but I'm trying to actually give it the RROD in case they check it.

They just sent him a refurb? I had RROD about a year and a half ago, and they just fixed the heat sink in it and sent it back. I wish they gave me a refurb because mine's a 1st gen w/o HDMI. But, it hasn't had problems since... still sounds like an airplane taking off when playing games though. I need to upgrade my hard drive so I don't need to use discs.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 95)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:03 pm

jfg wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:They sometimes still fix RROD for free. My friend had a problem with the graphics card in his (colors were messed up), and he was out of warranty. He sent it in saying it had RROD and they sent him a refurb for free. Mine now has the same problem, but I'm trying to actually give it the RROD in case they check it.

They just sent him a refurb? I had RROD about a year and a half ago, and they just fixed the heat sink in it and sent it back. I wish they gave me a refurb because mine's a 1st gen w/o HDMI. But, it hasn't had problems since... still sounds like an airplane taking off when playing games though. I need to upgrade my hard drive so I don't need to use discs.

His was also a 1st gen w/o HDMI and that's what they sent him back, but yeah, because there was no RROD to actually fix on his, they couldn't have actually repaired that.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:21 pm

I picked this up on Thursday and I have to agree that this is so much better than 2K9. With a good roster and slider set which are available on 2KShare, it turns into a really great game. I played The Show a little bit at Best Buy the other day, and while I can't comment on Franchise mode the game holds it's own with The Show after you download good sliders.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby j24jags » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 pm

I haven't bought it yet, I am probably going to wait and find it used for 20ish ;-D

Curious to comments on franchise mode though as that is where I will spend most of my time. Anyone have observations/praise/criticism for player progression/franchise mode?
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MasterX1918 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:07 pm

franchise mode in 2K10 is terrible. I'm in love with franchise mode in MLB 10 mainly because the game replicates actual baseball very well, but 2K10's franchise just pales in comparison. Unrealistic stats plague this game. Ryan Howard will hit 10 homers and steal 30 bases and Chone Figgins will hit 30 homers and steal 5 bases, and pitchers like Greinke and Lincecum will end the year with their ERAs above 6, leaving the Cy Young award winner to be someone like Jeff Suppan who finishes 12-10 with and era of 4.00.

There's also no injuries and no fatigue, and teams will never call up players unless they make a trade so teams will put out the same lineup every game 162 games a year, very lame. Also free agency is broken, and at season end teams will resign all their free agents to ridiculously low contracts leaving Hank Blalock as the best available free agent. Franchise mode is usually what holds my attention, but it's so poorly done this year that I almost exclusively play the Show. Needless to say I haven't made it past 1 offseason so I don't know about player progression.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby j24jags » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:13 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:franchise mode in 2K10 is terrible. I'm in love with franchise mode in MLB 10 mainly because the game replicates actual baseball very well, but 2K10's franchise just pales in comparison. Unrealistic stats plague this game. Ryan Howard will hit 10 homers and steal 30 bases and Chone Figgins will hit 30 homers and steal 5 bases, and pitchers like Greinke and Lincecum will end the year with their ERAs above 6, leaving the Cy Young award winner to be someone like Jeff Suppan who finishes 12-10 with and era of 4.00.

There's also no injuries and no fatigue, and teams will never call up players unless they make a trade so teams will put out the same lineup every game 162 games a year, very lame. Also free agency is broken, and at season end teams will resign all their free agents to ridiculously low contracts leaving Hank Blalock as the best available free agent. Franchise mode is usually what holds my attention, but it's so poorly done this year that I almost exclusively play the Show.

That's disappointing, I may invest $40 in Out of the Park 11 which comes out this week I believe, it's a downloadable computer baseball sim game, one of the best there is. ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jfg » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:56 pm

It's always something with this game... pitch counts are ridiculous. Brian Fuentes went 5 innings against me in a 14 inning game. I've lowered the fatigue to 30- I can't go lower than that or my pitcher gets gassed too early and it doesn't change the CPU fatigue. I guess there is a glitch that makes pitchers go back to 100 percent when they reach a certain percentage. Well, that makes the game unplayable because there is no way to work a pitcher, you just take your hits when you get them and basically you're just going up against the starter and the closer unless you shell the starter early on. Hopefully this gets patched soon.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MasterX1918 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:30 pm

yeah I noticed that in a game I played yesterday. I always noticed pitchers going WAY longer than should've been, but I finally realized it was because of a glitch when Kevin Jepsen pitched 4 innings against me and still had 80 stamina.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:43 am

WHY THE HELL DOES THE PC VERSION FREEZE SO MUCH ARGHH

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:33 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:WHY THE HELL DOES THE PC VERSION FREEZE SO MUCH ARGHH

If it was a good game they probably wouldn't have been selling it for $3 for the PC. :-b
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games