MLB 2k10 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

MLB 2k10

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB 2k10

Postby j24jags » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:03 pm

So I only have 360, I don't have PS3. I am aware that the Show is probably 10 times better than MLB 2k10, but has anyone bought 2k10 yet? I am aware it will probably suck, but I can't stand not having a baseball game. If anyone here has played 2K10, please let me know how it is. Is it worth $60?
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MLB 2k10

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:34 pm

I already posted my opinions in the Show thread, but as an owner of both games i'll tell you yes 2K10 and The Show are both worth $60 if you love baseball games. Both play a good game of baseball. 2K10 has obvious flows but they're not as decimating to the game's integrity as last year.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Thracken » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:07 pm

2k10 is miles ahead of 2k9 (which was a major step back from 2k8...) I am really digging the My Player mode right now and haven't delved into the Dynasty mode yet, but definitely something I'll get to. I give it a thumbs up ;-D
Thracken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicCafe RankerCafecasterTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Thracken wrote:2k10 is miles ahead of 2k9 (which was a major step back from 2k8...) I am really digging the My Player mode right now and haven't delved into the Dynasty mode yet, but definitely something I'll get to. I give it a thumbs up ;-D

So it's really worth buying if you don't have a PS3 and don't want to put up with The Show on PS2? IGN has it as a 7.0, which while markedly better than last year, leaves me more than a little cause for pause...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Thracken » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:55 pm

well, I haven't played The Show on PS2, so...
Thracken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicCafe RankerCafecasterTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:38 am

Thracken wrote:well, I haven't played The Show on PS2, so...

It sucks - I'll tell you that much :-b

Might all be a mute point anyway, cause I just got the RROD again (3rd time total on a 2nd 360), so I might be putting that $125 towards a PS3, because, well, screw Microsoft :-t
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:52 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:

Might all be a mute point anyway, cause I just got the RROD again (3rd time total on a 2nd 360), so I might be putting that $125 towards a PS3, because, well, screw Microsoft :-t

extended warranty expired? mine has rrod like 3 times but that 3 year extended warranty has left it free of charge so far.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 430)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:04 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

extended warranty expired? mine has rrod like 3 times but that 3 year extended warranty has left it free of charge so far.

Yeah, sadly. I got RROD twice on the original system and then they replaced it, only to get it again about 12 months later. My three years have come and gone, and even though they replaced the system after the second time, you only get an additional 90 days added to the 3 years (from the purchase date of the original system) :~(

I hate Sony about as much as Microsoft, so it's a lose-lose for me on principle, but I'm so pissed at Microsoft right now I could really care less (plus I'll get to play The Show :-D )...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:27 am

They sometimes still fix RROD for free. My friend had a problem with the graphics card in his (colors were messed up), and he was out of warranty. He sent it in saying it had RROD and they sent him a refurb for free. Mine now has the same problem, but I'm trying to actually give it the RROD in case they check it.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:32 am

teddy ballgame wrote:They sometimes still fix RROD for free. My friend had a problem with the graphics card in his (colors were messed up), and he was out of warranty. He sent it in saying it had RROD and they sent him a refurb for free. Mine now has the same problem, but I'm trying to actually give it the RROD in case they check it.

Yeah, I figured it was worth a try - sounded like I really had the guy on the fence, but he waffled, asked his manager at the last second and then I was SOL !+)
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Next

Return to Video Games