These Wright projections are making me sick! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

These Wright projections are making me sick!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: These Wright projections are making me sick!

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:13 am

Code: Select all
David Wright hit his third spring homer as part of a nine-run seventh inning Saturday as the Mets topped a Tigers split-squad.
It was a scoreless game until the bottom of the seventh, when Wright, Daniel Murphy, Gary Matthews Jr. and Jason Bay all homered as part of a huge frame. The Tigers went on to score one in the eighth, but it ended up being a 9-1 game. Wright's homer was his third in just 18 at-bats this spring. Those hoping he might be undervalued on draft day have to be disappointed.

:-D :-D :-D
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby West » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:47 pm

thejusman1 wrote:
David Wright hit his third spring homer as part of a nine-run seventh inning Saturday as the Mets topped a Tigers split-squad.
It was a scoreless game until the bottom of the seventh, when Wright, Daniel Murphy, Gary Matthews Jr. and Jason Bay all homered as part of a huge frame. The Tigers went on to score one in the eighth, but it ended up being a 9-1 game. Wright's homer was his third in just 18 at-bats this spring. Those hoping he might be undervalued on draft day have to be disappointed.

Although I am delighted to see Wright bashing home runs in balmy Florida, wasn't it you who said,

thejusman1 wrote:This is going to be one of those threads people will bump every time Wright hits a homer in the regular season... I can already sense it.

:-b
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby Montana » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
Montana wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
He was certainly better than Wright last year, but the numbers do not support your Longoria argument at all:

Zimmerman: .292, 110 R, 33 HR, 106 RBI, 2 SB

Longoria: .281 AVG, 100 R, 33 HR, 113 RBI, 9 SB

Looks pretty much like a wash, though since Longo had more RBI and more SBs with a negligible average disparity, I'd favor him more then (and WAY more now) 8-o

Yahoo's final ranking....

Zimmerman - 29th.

Longoria - 31st.

With respect, what does that have do do with anything? If they value his 9-point average difference and 10 runs more than Longo's 7 extra RBIs and 7 SBs, then that's fine but saying he was better based on Yahoo's semi-arbitrary ranking of Zimm being 2 spots higher as your only piece of evidence doesn't change the fact that Longo was as good or better and I'd WAY rather have him than Zimm this year...

With respect it has to do with them having incredibly similar seasons last year....being basically the same age......yet having drastically different draft positions.
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:52 am

West wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:

Although I am delighted to see Wright bashing home runs in balmy Florida, wasn't it you who said,

thejusman1 wrote:This is going to be one of those threads people will bump every time Wright hits a homer in the regular season... I can already sense it.

abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby thejusman1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:08 pm

David Wright delivered a solo homer and a two-run double Friday as the Mets and Marlins played to an 8-8 tie in 10 innings.
It was Wright's first multihit game of the spring, but he's still hitting a respectable .263 and he now has four homers in 38 at-bats. Mets manager Jerry Manuel appears to have settled on hitting him ahead of Jason Bay in the lineup, which appears to be the right move to us. It remains to be seen whether they'll bat third and fourth or fourth and fifth initially.

:-D
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby J.C.Fighter » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:05 pm

J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Wright looked great against Florida. The balls were flying because of the wind, but overall his spring should be indicative that last year was a fluke. Where he is being drafted seems to be solid value, early-mid 2nd round and can get into the 1st round next year. I would expect 26-30 hrs from him.
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fezzik » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:19 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=168525
:-o

Many of those criticisms of Wright were already brought up in this thread (by me actually :-D ). I didn't know about the three year decline against righties though.

It's hard to know how Wright will do in 2010 with this unprecedented decline while so young...I think just writing it off as some sort of anomalous season is dangerous. He definitely has the youth and ability to fully rebound, but his metrics were in such decline across the board in 2009 that it has to raise concern. Since I see something around 22/22/.300, he's not worth it to me where he's being drafted.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:31 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=168525
:-o

FFS, for a second there you got me for a scare.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers