Mark Prior - For Those Playing Yahoo Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Prior - For Those Playing Yahoo Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Prior - For Those Playing Yahoo Fantasy Baseball

Postby Chicago » Tue May 21, 2002 4:42 pm

Just wanted to inform those playing Yahoo Fantasy Baseball that Mark Prior has been added to the Waiver Wire. So if you want to take a chance on the uber hyped rookie, get'em while you can (he's on the waiver list, not a free agent).

I'm picking him up because I have an extra spot on the bench and it's fun to be a part of the hype.
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

thanks

Postby cwebb » Tue May 21, 2002 4:47 pm

Hey, thanks for the info! I think a lot of people might be interested in that! We owe you a beer (you'll get it by mail as soon as we make serious money in here, note: ask menyak about salary :-[ )
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Tue May 21, 2002 5:04 pm

Salary? What salary?

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up. You're right, it's fun to be a part of the Prior phenomenon. Plus, his outlook is bright. Hope you have a good waiver priority! (absolutely no pun intended)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Tue May 21, 2002 6:24 pm

I've been looking for Prior for a week and they entered him in on waivers. I was disappointed! With the 10th request I'll never see him on my team. Thanks though for the heads up.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby mktgteach » Tue May 21, 2002 6:36 pm

I used to play on Yahoo, but now Sportsline. Strange that he was entered on waivers. I was lucky to get him in one of my two leagues. On PTI on ESPN today they said, "Prior will be just like Kerry Wood two years ago, he will do well but the rest of the team will still stink."

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Arlo » Tue May 21, 2002 6:44 pm

I actually like yahoo's policy of placing newly listed players on waivers, even at the cost of missing the first game or two played. It can be annoying to have who gets a player decided by who happens to be online at the time or who clicks faster. Plus, sometimes this gives an advantage to one timezone over another.

I'd like it even better, though, if they listed obvious call-ups such as Prior right from the start, making him available to be drafted...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mktgteach » Tue May 21, 2002 6:49 pm

I agree with Arlo that they should be on the ball. Sportline already has all major minor league names in the system. Myers, Cust, Prior, etc. were all available from the start.

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Chicago » Tue May 21, 2002 8:47 pm

I also have a team on Sandbox.com, and I was reading one of their message board forums dedicated to requests for players to be added. I guess each online fantasy baseball company has a unique contract with MLB, and Sandbox had to get the ok from MLB before adding Prior.
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Wed May 22, 2002 7:09 am

I don't know the exact legalese here, but baseball card producers have no problem creating cards of minor leaguers as long as they've signed a contract with the MLBPA. If Chicago's right and this is MLB territory, it might be different, though. Anybody know any details or have any guesses?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers