Any thoughts on my squad?!? Thanks! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Any thoughts on my squad?!? Thanks!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any thoughts on my squad?!? Thanks!

Postby TheGhost » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Through a series of trades I assembled a team that is very intriguing. I hated to give up Josh Johnson (in my latest trade) but still think I'm looking pretty good. Thoughts? This is a standard 12 team yahoo league. My pitching could be better but is it good enough to compete with my offensize power?? Thanks.

C: Miguel Montero
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Robinson Cano
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Adam Jones
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
UTL: Joey Votto
UTL: Jay Bruce
Bench: Jason Heyward, Alex Gordon, Torri Hunter

SP: Clayton Kershaw, Tommy Hanson, Matt Cain, Brandon Webb, Brett Anderson, John Danks, David Price, Justin Duchscherer

RP: Mike Gonzalez, Octavio Dotel
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any thoughts on my squad?!? Thanks!

Postby smackarito » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Offensively you are good, though you might need some help in the SB category... is it a Roto or H2H league? Pitching, you def need to get at least one more starter...

Please help me -

viewtopic.php?t=401823
smackarito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BravesOverPhils » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 am

Great draft on offense and the pitching has potenial, but has some ifs. You need some guys to stay healthy on that staff and hope Hanson avoids the soph. slump.
BravesOverPhils
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby lambo1203 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:49 pm

I agree with the both posts above me. The offense is solid, but there are several pitchers that can either be incredible or a complete bust and destroy your season.

Definitely try to get a solid starting pitcher, not an ace, but someone who is nearly guaranteed to stay healthy all season. Also, like was said before, try to get someone with SB potential. If you can get these things taken care of, this is a lock for a playoff team.
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Bucktail30 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Wow! That is some lineup! I'm not too high on Jay Bruce or Adam Jones yet but if they struggle your lineup should pick up the slack. Love the Fielder/Votto combo. That should workout out well. How did you end up with Fielder, Tulo, and Votto? As far as the lack of stolen bases - I think your guys are going to put up such good numbers elsewhere that you can afford to lose SB's.
Anyways, I agree that your pitching is going to hurt you. But you do have some upside there. Kershaw and Hansen may blow up this year. Cain is solid and even if Webb returns to 80% he'll put up good numbers. Your RP's worry me the most. Dotel probably won't keep the job all year.
Overall, damn good draft in a 12 team league.
Bucktail30
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team