Yahoo, keepers and the draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo, keepers and the draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo, keepers and the draft

Postby dpdale » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:28 pm

I have a question about how keepers are handled in the draft and Yahoo. If I set the keepers to be drafted at the end of the draft are they left on the player list during the draft or are they removed? Thanks!
dpdale
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo, keepers and the draft

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:12 pm

dpdale wrote:I have a question about how keepers are handled in the draft and Yahoo. If I set the keepers to be drafted at the end of the draft are they left on the player list during the draft or are they removed? Thanks!

Not sure exactly what you mean, but the answer is probably "they are removed". If the commish designates players as keepers, they are effectively pre-drafted onto teams, and not available during the draft. Does that answer your question?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby dpdale » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:58 pm

I was thinking that last year it asked me when I wanted the keepers drafted (begining or end) and I did it at the begining. When the draft started it automotically removed all the keepers and the draft started with the sixth round. I was just wondering what happened if you had the keepers drafted at the end of the draft.
dpdale
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:36 pm

dpdale wrote:I was thinking that last year it asked me when I wanted the keepers drafted (begining or end) and I did it at the begining. When the draft started it automotically removed all the keepers and the draft started with the sixth round. I was just wondering what happened if you had the keepers drafted at the end of the draft.

It in fact lets you slot the keepers into whatever picks you want. First, last, in the middle, scattered around, etc. etc. In all cases the behavior in the draft client should be the same.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Return to Commissioner's Corner