Not liking options this year in early 2nd round... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Not liking options this year in early 2nd round...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Not liking options this year in early 2nd round...

Postby Verminator » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:40 pm

socceryank wrote:
Verminator wrote:
socceryank wrote:Is anyone else less than thrilled with the options in the early second round?

What do you mean by "options"?

Take the best available player in your opinion and you will be fine. After all, you have about a 30% chance your selection will bust anyway so make sure you don't pigeonhole your pick based on the ADP. If you have a strong feeling about a certain player, use that opportunity to grab him and gloat later in the year when the player significantly outperforms expectations. If you don't like Tulo, Wright, or other 12-18 ADP players, grab Votto if you feel he will be a stud!

When you have a pick in the early 2nd round, only 14 or so players have been drafted so you have a SH**LOAD of options!!!!

Just out of curiosity, who would you be willing to reach for at the 12-14th pick range (who is on your radar to make a leap into the top 15 that isn't currently being projected as such)? Assume a 10 team league, so you would have already made a 1st round selection.

The three that stand out to me would include Matt Holliday, Joey Votto, and Justin Upton... potential 5 tool guys (esp Votto who stole as many as 24 bags in the minors). I would prefer them to any SP, a speed only guy like Ellsbury, or a power/low BA guy. Grady Sizemore may also be a solid selection.
When it comes to exaggerating, I always give 110%.
Verminator
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers