Mock Auction - Wed March 3rd @ 8ET - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mock Auction - Wed March 3rd @ 8ET

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mock Auction - Wed March 3rd @ 8ET

Postby AuburnTigers » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:22 pm

The mock auction will be held on Wednesday March 3rd @ 8PM ET using Yahoo's new auction room. Anyone who is looking to get some extra auction prep is welcome to join. The league ID is: 299072 and password: mock.

League Settings
-12 teams
-5x5 Roto scoring
-$260 budget
-23 starters / 3 bench
-2 C,1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,5 OF,Util,4 SP,2 RP,3 P,3 bench

This is purely for practice and the rosters will be locked after the auction. Feel free to join...look forward to it
AuburnTigers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mock Auction - Wed March 3rd @ 8ET

Postby B-Chad » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 pm

I'll double check my work schedule to make sure I have that night off (though I'm 99.9% sure I do), and probably join. Definitely looking for some auction practice that isn't one of the standard mocks where some clown spends $240 on Pujols then leaves :-b
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AuburnTigers » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:38 pm

B-Chad wrote:I'll double check my work schedule to make sure I have that night off (though I'm 99.9% sure I do), and probably join. Definitely looking for some auction practice that isn't one of the standard mocks where some clown spends $240 on Pujols then leaves :-b

Good point B-Chad...please don't participate if you aren't going to take it seriously. The purpose is to get some practice in before your real auction and be able able to get a feel for the price ranges of players.
AuburnTigers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby B-Chad » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:01 pm

AuburnTigers wrote:
B-Chad wrote:I'll double check my work schedule to make sure I have that night off (though I'm 99.9% sure I do), and probably join. Definitely looking for some auction practice that isn't one of the standard mocks where some clown spends $240 on Pujols then leaves :-b

Good point B-Chad...please don't participate if you aren't going to take it seriously. The purpose is to get some practice in before your real auction and be able able to get a feel for the price ranges of players.

Any chance if this is a success you'd be willing to participate in a 16 team mock with the same settings? This mock in and of itself will be of huge assistance to me just getting used to nominating, bid jumping, managing a budget, etc. If it is a success I would love practice fit specifically to the bloggers/experts league I'm in. Thanks.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AuburnTigers » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:08 pm

B-Chad wrote:Any chance if this is a success you'd be willing to participate in a 16 team mock with the same settings? This mock in and of itself will be of huge assistance to me just getting used to nominating, bid jumping, managing a budget, etc. If it is a success I would love practice fit specifically to the bloggers/experts league I'm in. Thanks.

Sure...I would be happy to participate in another mock.
AuburnTigers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby B-Chad » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:43 pm

I'm registered... but it's only the two of us thus far :-o
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AuburnTigers » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:16 pm

B-Chad wrote:I'm registered... but it's only the two of us thus far :-o

Still a bunch of openings...sign up if you are interested in getting some practice on Yahoo's new auction room
AuburnTigers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers