Mafia 2011, Session II - updated roster - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011, Session II - updated roster

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia 2011, Session II - updated roster

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:40 am

Maybe Urban can send a friendly reminder out :-°
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:43 pm

urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:10 pm

wake wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
J35J wrote:Not that it really matters. but you guys really shouldn't be talking about the game when it is night....you can really cut down on who is who when you know there are Pending Night kills still to go but if 3-4 people are posting in this thread then you know the mod isn't waiting on those people...unless you are really sneaky....so those that aren't posting in this thread during the night become very suspicious....just isn't all that fair.

you can pretty much tell the same thing from cafe activity in general though...hell if i really wanted to i could check everyones last visit time and figure it out

I think a lot of people have their online status set to hidden for that reason. The first few games we played a lot of people would come back the next day and try to decipher who was or wasn't mafia based on if you were around during the night phase.

I don't think it's as big of a deal in this game though where every other person has a special role as it did in the early games when we basically just ran 2 mafia out there.

Its not that big a deal with so many roles and players in the game, and you really have no idea who the mod is waiting on. Later in the game I could see it being an issue, but right now?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm

thedude wrote:
wake wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
you can pretty much tell the same thing from cafe activity in general though...hell if i really wanted to i could check everyones last visit time and figure it out

I think a lot of people have their online status set to hidden for that reason. The first few games we played a lot of people would come back the next day and try to decipher who was or wasn't mafia based on if you were around during the night phase.

I don't think it's as big of a deal in this game though where every other person has a special role as it did in the early games when we basically just ran 2 mafia out there.

Its not that big a deal with so many roles and players in the game, and you really have no idea who the mod is waiting on. Later in the game I could see it being an issue, but right now?

It could have helped last game towards the end though - I had investigated Aqua and he was mafia; I knew you were the vigilante from a previous investigation; and Dan and urban each had multiple logons while we were waiting. Even though lastings had no "last visit" information it had to be him as the 2nd guy.

Not saying it WOULD help every time, but certainly COULD...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Man... The mafia had no chance this game. :-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:57 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Man... The mafia had no chance this game. :-b

too many special roles for town and not enough mafioso for 15 players imo. there should have been 5 mafia and another special ability for them. but whuddayagonnado...ya live and ya learn.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm

urbanbreez wrote:

too many special roles for town and not enough mafioso for 15 players imo. there should have been 5 mafia and another special ability for them. but whuddayagonnado...ya live and ya learn.

none of that matters when you lose one of your teammates on day one and then unleash the vigilante on yourselves that night :-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:06 pm

urbanbreez wrote:

Completely disagree. I won't go any further until after the game ends, for fear of ruining current game.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:09 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:

Completely disagree. I won't go any further until after the game ends, for fear of ruining current game.

;-D
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:45 pm

urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager