Help Creating Keeper League Auction Values - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help Creating Keeper League Auction Values

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help Creating Keeper League Auction Values

Postby Steve-o » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:31 am

I'm desperate. I have spent the last 8+ hours trying to do this and have not made any progress. My latest creation has Denard Span valued at $93 and I'm pretty sure that's not right. I followed this thread, but haven't really gotten anywhere. I'm sure it has something to do with the coefficients I am using, but I can't figure out how to come to the right numbers.

Let me explain what I've done so far and maybe someone can point me in the right direction. It's 12 team league with $135 budget and 168 players kept. I expect 77 additional hitters to be drafted/purchased. I have my own projection set, have removed the players kept, and created replacement values for each category within each position. I think the problem is coming from the fact that I my total category values are smaller than the amount of money I have to spend on that category. Therefore my coefficients are greater than one, which is leading to some whacky values. For example, on stolen bases, I have a total category value of 119 and yet have $279 to spend. My coefficient is then around 2.3. That means, for a guy like Juan Pierre who is 39 sb above replacement, his sb dollar value is $92. No amount of Pierre-like suckiness in HR and RBI can overcome that headstart. If it helps, I know the standard gain points both for all the hitters in the entire league and for the remaining hitters available.

How do I fix this? Anyone have a different method for calculating auction values in keeper leagues or know what I might be doing wrong? I'm sure this information would be helpful for anyone else in an auction keeper and someone out there must be creating their on $ values for their keeper auction.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help Creating Keeper League Auction Values

Postby Merrick65 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:35 am

I'd like to give you some help but I don't want to post here as I know some of my league mates frequent the cafe. Email me at Merrick65@gmail.com and I'll see if I can get you going in the right direction.
Merrick65
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers