Can you recommend a league manager/commissioner site? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Can you recommend a league manager/commissioner site?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can you recommend a league manager/commissioner site?

Postby thebottlerockets » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:55 pm

Hello everyone!

We have a 14 team, head to head keeper league on CBS and have been there for seven years. However, I was wondering where the rest of you host your league and if you recommend it or not.

A few more details about us:
10 player farm system
Introducing salary cap/contract years this year
Non-snaking draft
Looking to expand to FA auction instead of draft
Looking to expand to arbitration system

Thanks all!
thebottlerockets
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can you recommend a league manager/commissioner site?

Postby bigmck » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 pm

I also have used CBS for several years. I started another league this year and decided to try ESPN. It is good for simple leagues and it is free. The have added a FAAB this year, but I don't know how it works yet. There are no
slots for farm teams. It does support Auction Leagues. ESPN is good, but it does not have everything CBS does.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Re: Can you recommend a league manager/commissioner site?

Postby courduroy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:16 pm

I have used CBS for a number of years and their product is surprisingly good, it is however getting expensive to the point which I would actually rather see people boycott them all together so they drop their price or make the move to free.

I have used Yahoo and ESPN as well although I am not using either this year. I think the biggest drawback to Yahoo is the league structure. It is harder or near impossible to customize your league on Yahoo at least not to the level of customization that ESPN and CBS offer. When using ESPN I found that there updates were often erroneous and the real time data lagged. Again it has been a year since I used ESPN so perhaps they improved their product. CBS is very easily customizable and real time data streams almost exactly with live action but again it has become expensive. As far as the upgrades you are looking to implement on your league this year I think CBS is the only site to support a real time auction style draft. It is a nice feature but any league worth its salt should be able to host a chat on yahoo, IM, or other service and run the auction and just upload the data.

If you are starting a new league, CBS is running a promo where new leagues are 1/2 price, so it does cut the cost considerably:

http://cbssports.com/ref/38747310

In all, I don't think you can go wrong with any of these sites especially if it is all you know. The grass is always greener though.
courduroy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner