3rd Pick Overall - 16 Team League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

3rd Pick Overall - 16 Team League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

3rd Pick Overall - 16 Team League

Postby jweb2244 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 pm

I have never been in a 16 team league before and wanted to get some input before my draft.

I plan on taking Ryan Braun with my first pick. Normally I would take an infielder, but since my next player won't be for 27 picks, I am looking for Braun to put up big numbers across the board and get my offense off to a good start.

My next two picks will be #30 and #35. I was thinking of targeting Jimmy Rollins and Victor Martinez (or Brian McCann if V-mart gone), figuring those are the two weakest positions this year with the steepest dropoff. Or would I be better off targeting a 2b (Phillips or Cano) and 3b (Zimmerman or Sandoval)? Do either of these make sense, or any other suggestions?

My next two picks are #62 and #67. Here I was going to grab a 1b (Berkman, Lee, Butler) and a SP (hopefully someone like Lester or Kershaw). Thoughts here?

My next pick won't be until #94, so there is no margin for error and I have to make the first five rounds count. Any comments, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
jweb2244
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:38 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 408)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers