Trading 2011 draft picks for players this year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trading 2011 draft picks for players this year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trading 2011 draft picks for players this year

Postby creepingdeath » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:28 pm

Our 6 man Yahoo keeper league is voting on possibly being able to trade next years draft picks for players this year to help the bad teams improve for the future. Can someone please explain how in a 1 player for 1 draft pick deal, the player gets to the other teams roster? Does the commish go in and do this? Also, can I completely customize the draft order going into next season to accommodate the changes made due to such trades in Yahoo?

I am a veteran commish, but this is my 1st year running a keeper league and need to know this important information to decide the future of the league.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!
creepingdeath
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading 2011 draft picks for players this year

Postby bigmck » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:46 pm

creepingdeath wrote:Our 6 man Yahoo keeper league is voting on possibly being able to trade next years draft picks for players this year to help the bad teams improve for the future. Can someone please explain how in a 1 player for 1 draft pick deal, the player gets to the other teams roster? Does the commish go in and do this? Also, can I completely customize the draft order going into next season to accommodate the changes made due to such trades in Yahoo?

I am a veteran commish, but this is my 1st year running a keeper league and need to know this important information to decide the future of the league.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

This is a bad idea. If the guy who trades away the pick quits the league, then a new owner has to put up with a lost draft pick. == You do realize that in the real MLB Free Agent Draft, there is a rule against trading draft picks.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Re: Trading 2011 draft picks for players this year

Postby converge241 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:00 pm

You can completely customize future draft orders round by round in Yahoo

To allow such future pick trading I would make the owners pay next years fees in advance though!

It can be tricky enough sometimes trading current seasons picks for players so cover yourself from a quitting!
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Return to Commissioner's Corner