Thoughts on these league settings? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Thoughts on these league settings?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on these league settings?

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:08 pm

My main money league has always used pretty standard pre-2010 Yahoo roster settings, with one extra Utility player:
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3xOF, 2xUtil and 2xSP, 2xRP, 3xP

There are a few guys who want to add to the number of active spots. One option is to go with a more standard format, with CI, MI, 4xOF, 1xUtil, 3xSP, 3xRP, 3xP, but I think that's too big a jump for some of the guys in this league (its a league of friends with a mix of competitive and casual players). So, my proposed solution is to go with this hybrid format:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 4xOF, 1xIF, 1xUtil and 2xSP, 2xRP, 4xP (with a boost from 1250 IP to 1400 IP).

It would add 1 offensive player and 1 pitcher to deepen things a bit, while still keeping things balanced.

Thoughts?
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on these league settings?

Postby Matthias » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Hm. I guess whatever makes you happy.

The change from 2 Util to 1 Util, 1IF, and an extra OF basically is just adding an OF'er since the extra Util player probably came from 1B anyway.

I would say that if you have a standard settings league, it helps the casual fans since they can rely upon standard draft sheet rankings for the draft. If you're going to move away from standard settings, I would just set it up however you think you ideally want it. Personally, I like having a MI because it makes you really look at the 2B/SS position. But as I said to start, whatever you think your league would like.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Thoughts on these league settings?

Postby fast dogs » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:49 am

I wasn't a huge fan of adding the middle & corner spots but it does put a little more thought into taking players that won't hurt you. I actually like the middle better than the corner if you'd add just 1 or the other; they'll adjust if they know a big change is coming. Your hybrid would work too
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Return to Commissioner's Corner