A proposition.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

A proposition....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A proposition....

Postby yankmyrings » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:27 am

I see so many owners out here trying to fill their leagues with quality people and I feel sorry for them because I share in their pain. One of the hardest things to do in this game is get good managers that will play to win within the confines of the rules, all while interacting with the rest of the community in a peaceable, sportsman like manner.

I am one of those owners. Your league will be better for having me in it. I have made this proposition for the last 2 seasons and have yet to get someone to take me up on it. I have to admit this is more than a little surprising.

I will join any league and pay all applicable fees TODAY in exchange for the commissioner of that league agreeing to do the same for me TODAY. There is a little more to it than just that. I won't send my money to some guy's random Paypal account and hope he does the right thing with it. Your league has to be set up on http://www.leaguesafe.com or another fantasy league money escrow service such as http://www.fantasysportsvault.com. I will pay up to $100 in entry fees TODAY as long as 100% of your fees go into the payout-just like my league. I am hoping to get more than one offer so I can peruse different settings to choose my league BUT I AM NOT PICKY-Roto, H2H, 6x6, 18x18, Auction, I really don't care. I will be a great owner in your league, regardless of the settings. I want someone to help me keep my passion going....That is running my league in my favorite sport as I have done since 2005.

I will only reply to those who have managed to read this far and post an e-mail address ON THIS BOARD for me to reply to. I will e-mail you all my league's info along with an invite to LeagueSafe AND my Yahoo league. Thanks for your consideration....
yankmyrings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A proposition....

Postby TheBull » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:35 am

Nice post, i think the Cafe should use that as some kind of "motto" to live by....But honestly.....well said...

I echo that and am a highly competitive-active owner. I am STILL looking for that league started from the ground up with quality owners...I have yet to find one that can be taken seriously. The search is on...I prefer to play FREE leagues, based on being burnt numerous times...I prefer leagues with 14+teams. I am ready to be one of the best managers in your league..... ;-D

EMAIL: Chadstl@hotmail.com
YIM: STL_1515
TheBull
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)

Postby Djh3rd » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:14 am

Sounds interesting you do my League I do your League hmm What is the buy in or fee for your league I have never played on yahoo
Djh3rd
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby yankmyrings » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:50 am

Djh3rd, I want to send you more information but you failed to provide me an e-mail address to send any correspondence to....
yankmyrings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Djh3rd » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:22 am

I was hoping you would just answer it there email is Best_damn_sports@hotmail.com
Djh3rd
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby cti531 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:33 pm

I have a great league started and am looking for a few more owners. Let's talk! sudcity73@yahoo.com
cti531
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby yankmyrings » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:21 am

I want to thank everyone who replied but I have made a deal! The proposition is no longer valid. I still do have openings in my fantastic league where 8 of the 11 registered owners are PAID IN FULL on Leaguesafe.com! I want 16 owners this year so here's some info for anyone who may be interested in one of the last 5 spots....E-mail me at yankmyrings29@yahoo.com for an invite.

League ID#: 162758
League Name: Fantasy's Finest 2010 MLB
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sat Mar 27 7:15pm EDT
Max Teams: 16
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 29, 2010
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Min Innings Pitched: 40
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams)
Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Doubles (2B), Triples (3B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI),Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Fielding Percentage (FPCT), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Quality Starts (QS), Saves (SV), Hits (H), Earned Runs (ER), Home Runs (HR), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

This is the proposed payout structure:

10 teams

AL/NL Winners-$25 each
3rd Place-$25
2nd Place-$50
Champion-$125

12 teams

AL/NL Winners-$25 each
3rd Place-$25
2nd Place-$75
Champion-$150

14 teams

AL/NL Winners-$25 each
3rd Place-$25
2nd Place-$100
Champion-$175

16 teams

AL/NL Winners-$25 each
3rd Place-$50
2nd Place-$100
Champion-$200

yankmyrings29@yahoo.com
yankmyrings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mike610NY » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:49 am

what user name was your proposition under last year?
Mike610NY
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby yankmyrings » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:28 am

I advertised this deal last year on ESPN.com's message boards with the same user id as above....why ?
yankmyrings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Classifieds