Chris Carter/Yonder Alonso - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Chris Carter/Yonder Alonso

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chris Carter/Yonder Alonso

Postby crod8712 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Anyone have any idea if Alonso or Carter will reach the big leagues this year? I am in a 12 team keeper league with 25 man rosters and its hard to keep guys on my roster if they have no shot at doing anything this year.
crod8712
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chris Carter/Yonder Alonso

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:12 pm

crod8712 wrote:Anyone have any idea if Alonso or Carter will reach the big leagues this year? I am in a 12 team keeper league with 25 man rosters and its hard to keep guys on my roster if they have no shot at doing anything this year.

I think both see time in 2010 with Carter being the first to get time, maybe even out of ST. Alonso is the better keeper imo though.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheBull » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 pm

I agree ;-D
TheBull
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)

Postby garf112 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:23 pm

I like Chris Carter more for this year and beyond. His power numbers are legit and he struck out less last year at AA and AAA than he did when he was at hi A. Alonso is stuck behind Joey Votto, too.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:48 am

garf112 wrote:I like Chris Carter more for this year and beyond. His power numbers are legit and he struck out less last year at AA and AAA than he did when he was at hi A. Alonso is stuck behind Joey Votto, too.

Votto will move to LF. So, no.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby kab21 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:02 am

garf112 wrote:I like Chris Carter more for this year and beyond. His power numbers are legit and he struck out less last year at AA and AAA than he did when he was at hi A. Alonso is stuck behind Joey Votto, too.

I'll take Alonso though not for this year. Carter has more power but Great American Smallpark and the NL will help even those out and I think Alonso is the better pure hitter. I do doubt that they move Votto midseason so you're probably looking at a August/September callup for Alonso. While Carter could be up in two months once Oakland has sorted thru (got tired of) the Barton's, McFox'es, Cust's, etc... at 1B/DH (along with the 27 OF'ers they have).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby garf112 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Havok1517 wrote:

It is just that easy to move to LF? The guys played about 15 games in his pro career in the OF.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:22 pm

garf112 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

It is just that easy to move to LF? The guys played about 15 games in his pro career in the OF.

Considering the numerous butchers that have played LF in the past like Dunn and Manny just to keep their bats in the lineup, I'd say yes. Votto is very athletic and even has some speed to chase down balls. I think he'll do fine.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Return to Minor League & College Baseball