Bloomberg Sports Fantasy Tools - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bloomberg Sports Fantasy Tools

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bloomberg Sports Fantasy Tools

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:40 am

garf112 wrote:Dash is a cranky old man, much like his avatar.

I am so so cranky, and my back hurts.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dladue » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm always intrested in new fantasy products and was interested to see what Bloomberg had to offer, so I put up the money.

My impression is the product is geared towards a 1st time fantasy player. There is no customization in the draft product. They didn't ask me for any of my league requirements, I can't enter in my league scoring for my fantasy point leagues (they do have an option for 5x5 or 4x4). There are no keeper options. There are no auction values. There is no way to draft players to other teams and track their progress (other players get drafted to one team). To top it all off, it is a web application so taking it to your draft might be a challenge as well. This is not to mention that there was some type of server lag when I was in drafting mode and was waiting a minute or so for the application to process my picks.

Needless to say, I came away very dissappointed and was expecting more from a Bloomberg product. Unless the projections turn out to be extraordinary, I don't know why there is a cover charge.
David
"Sunning in Anchorage"
dladue
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigwords » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:22 pm

I've been playing around with it for the last few hours as they gave me a copy to review.

It definitely looks great. But I can't say that I've found it very easy to use at all. I've also found it very frustrating because of a lot of the features I thought it had, it doesn't quite yet. And there's a lot of bugs.

That said, there is a tremendous amount of potential here and I expect they'll work out some of the kinks and offer up something that has the potential to be ahead of its class.

Right now, I give it a C-
bigwords
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mr November » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:24 pm

It's not the full version out yet, so I wouldn't be quick to judge it either way. ;-D
Mr November
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby zebulon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:40 am

Check out our free draft tracker. It's an Excel sheet that handles pretty much most of the same stuff as paid software. You can setup a custom number of teams and rounds. It has dynamic position tracking. Latest composite projections, ADP rankings and tiers. Projected Roto Standings based on draft results.

You can download it at drafttracker.weebly.com
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby B-Chad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 am

zebulon wrote:Check out our free draft tracker. It's an Excel sheet that handles pretty much most of the same stuff as paid software. You can setup a custom number of teams and rounds. It has dynamic position tracking. Latest composite projections, ADP rankings and tiers. Projected Roto Standings based on draft results.

Spam :-?
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby zebulon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:39 am

B-Chad wrote:
zebulon wrote:Check out our free draft tracker. It's an Excel sheet that handles pretty much most of the same stuff as paid software. You can setup a custom number of teams and rounds. It has dynamic position tracking. Latest composite projections, ADP rankings and tiers. Projected Roto Standings based on draft results.

Spam :-?

We have a full thread dedicated to this project. This is an open project meant to help the entire fantasy community. Hardly spam.
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Coppernob » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am

zebulon wrote:
We have a full thread dedicated to this project. This is an open project meant to help the entire fantasy community. Hardly spam.

If you have a dedicated thread then that is the place to discuss your problem. Advertising your software, on this, or other threads will always be considered spam, especially if there is no tie-in to the subject discussed, in this case the Bloomberg software, elsewhere i noticed you spammed on a thread of a user that had a suggestion or reverse coloring their excel cheat sheet.
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby zebulon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:59 am

I posted here because it seemed that people were wondering if was worth spending the money on the software and complaining that it lacked features. Since it seemed they were in the market for some type of draft prep software, I was pointing out a free project that many cafe members have worked on. Simply trying to help educate people make decisions on preparing for their draft and save them a few bucks too.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ironman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 pm

I bought the draft kit because I was curious to see it.

It's not bad. My biggest gripe really is that everything is in Flash media which is pretty to look at but can be sloooow at times. I liked being able to check and uncheck positions in the rankings, which is handy when you have leagues that use CI and MI. Although not having RP and SP separated is a bit of a sad trombone. They do separate RF, CF, and LF so it seems odd they didn't do this for pitchers.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers