Holds? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Holds?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Holds?

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:53 pm

bigken117 wrote:[Yeah being the first guy online when you have a desk job and your buddy works out in construction doesn't make you a better strategist. Owning a set-up guy because the closer ahead of him is shaky or on the trade block is the more savvy move than choosing your career around computer access.

lol! so my point, exactly! if you dont have internet access daily, why play in a daily transaction league! If you are going to complain about to the day to day transaction because you dont have internet access, than find a different league.... I don't see how you and Hybrd can argue against this point.... Join a weekly league, one that would better fit your schedule and give you a fair advantage.

LMAO to bigken, I have to adjust my daily fantasybaseball strategies because a single friend works in construction? LOL.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:12 am

DaSh 1s wrote:lol! so my point, exactly! if you dont have internet access daily, why play in a daily transaction league! If you are going to complain about to the day to day transaction because you dont have internet access, than find a different league.... I don't see how you and Hybrd can argue against this point.... Join a weekly league, one that would better fit your schedule and give you a fair advantage.

Huh? Who said I was complaining at all? All I've been saying is that getting online quick isn't a strategy, which is true. Secondly I said not everyone has such immediate computer access, which is also once again true. I never made any attempt at saying it was unfair or not, it is what it is.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigken117 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 am

DaSh 1s wrote:lol! so my point, exactly! if you dont have internet access daily, why play in a daily transaction league! If you are going to complain about to the day to day transaction because you dont have internet access, than find a different league.... I don't see how you and Hybrd can argue against this point.... Join a weekly league, one that would better fit your schedule and give you a fair advantage.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby MotorCityKitties » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:48 am

Is GTWMA doing his holds thread again this year?
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:Is GTWMA doing his holds thread again this year?

Don't think I can pull it off. I was managing two job searches and 5 promotion and tenure cases in my department this winter, and am having an addition put onto my home. I was in a fender bender Saturday, so now I have to find a car, probably, cause the air bags deployed.Oh yeah, my department also has an accreditation site visit in a month. Swamped does not begin to describe how I feel.
"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it."
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby saemick » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:02 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
MotorCityKitties wrote:Is GTWMA doing his holds thread again this year?

Don't think I can pull it off. I was managing two job searches and 5 promotion and tenure cases in my department this winter, and am having an addition put onto my home. I was in a fender bender Saturday, so now I have to find a car, probably, cause the air bags deployed.Oh yeah, my department also has an accreditation site visit in a month. Swamped does not begin to describe how I feel.

Good lord, do you still have time to eat & sleep?? I was looking forward to your thread...but completely understand after hearing your schedule.
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 am

Go with Saves plus Holds.

Go with a provider like ESPN where you can put everyone on waivers and so nobody can pick anybody up off of the waiver at 2:32pm while everyone else is occupied.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dugout Diamonds » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:18 pm

Seems like I have always had a lg with holds as a category, and kind of like it. I might be weird, but I like having different stat categories for different lgs that I play, as it gives a little variety to my research. Plus, I like having a position that I can usually find someone on the waiver wire that I can pick up if I want to chg a player.
Dugout Diamonds
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 26)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers