2010 MLB Over/Under Wins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Postby GiantExpectations » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Looks like 2010 is out now, here is my top 5


Arizona - under 82
Chicago WS - over 82.5 (least sure of this one) :-?
Florida - over 81
Oakland - under 79
Seattle - over 82.5
GiantExpectations
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 42
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Postby j24jags » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:55 am

Grounded Polo wrote:NYM winning 89 wins is really their ceiling, it could get ugly if none of the starters after Johan get much better.

Ditto

-Coming from a big Met fan
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Postby Maris09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:18 am

Here are all the actual 2010 ones. Not sure what those others were:

Sportsbook.com

Arizona Diamondbacks Over 82 (-115)
Under 82 (-115)

Atlanta Braves Over 85.5 (-115)
Under 85.5 (-115)

Baltimore Orioles Over 76 (-115)
Under 76 (-115)

Boston Red Sox Over 94.5 (-115)
Under 94.5 (-115)

Chicago Cubs Over 83.5 (-115)
Under 83.5 (-115)

Chicago White Sox Over 82.5 (-115)
Under 82.5 (-115)

Cincinnati Reds Over 79.5 (-115)
Under 79.5 (-115)

Cleveland Indians Over 75.5 (-115)
Under 75.5 (-115)

Colorado Rockies Over 84 (-115)
Under 84 (-115)

Detroit Tigers Over 78.5 (-115)
Under 78.5 (-115)

Florida Marlins Over 81 (-115)
Under 81 (-115)

Houston Astros Over 73.5 (-115)
Under 73.5 (-115)

Kansas City Royals Over 72 (-115)
Under 72 (-115)

Los Angeles Angels Over 85 (-115)
Under 85 (-115)

Los Angeles Dodgers Over 85.5 (-115)
Under 85.5 (-115)

Milwaukee Brewers Over 80.5 (-115)
Under 80.5 (-115)

Minnesota Twins Over 84.5 (-115)
Under 84.5 (-115)

New York Mets Over 81 (-115)
Under 81 (-115)

New York Yankees Over 95.5 (-115)
Under 95.5 (-115)

Oakland Athletics Over 79 (-115)
Under 79 (-115)

Philadelphia Phillies Over 92.5 (-115)
Under 92.5 (-115)

Pittsburgh Pirates Over 69 (-115)
Under 69 (-115)

San Diego Padres Over 72.5 (-115)
Under 72.5 (-115)

San Francisco Giants Over 82.5 (-115)
Under 82.5 (-115)

Seattle Mariners Over 82.5 (-115)
Under 82.5 (-115)

St Louis Cardinals Over 87.5 (-115)
Under 87.5 (-115)

Tampa Bay Rays Over 90 (-115)
Under 90 (-115)

Texas Rangers Over 83.5 (-115)
Under 83.5 (-115)

Toronto Blue Jays Over 72.5 (-115)
Under 72.5 (-115)

Washington Nationals Over 70.5 (-115)
Under 70.5 (-115)


Don't really see any I like all that much.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Postby MTUCache » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 pm

CWS - 82.5
CLE - 75.5
DET - 78.5
KC - 72
MIN - 84.5

Wow... AL Central taking a beating in those numbers. Yes, it's deserving of that, but I think there's some value in there that some sharp can figure out.

The top two teams in this division may not reach 90 (haven't in a couple years), but they'll certainly break 83 and 85. In 2009 MIN/DET finished with 87/86. 2008, CWS/MIN finished 89/88. 2007, CLE/DET finished 97/88.

Feels like there must be some way you could hedge bets between MIN/CWS/DET to figure a way to get a positive out of this. (I don't think anybody has any real money on CLE or KC beating more than one of those three teams, right?) Can't imagine a season where only one team in the AL-Central breaks the .500 mark.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1284
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Postby Merrick65 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Those other ones are actually legit posted at the Greek.
Merrick65
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 74
Joined: 7 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Merrick65 wrote:Those other ones are actually legit posted at the Greek.


Yeah, the numbers I posted in the OP were up at ABCIslands. I just looked again and they've been adjusted some but are still very similar. Mets are 87 now instead of 89, Seattle 80.5 instead of 79.5, Cleveland 80 now, Colorado 81.5.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Postby Maris09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:35 pm

That's pretty strange to have such a large disparity in numbers like that.

You could take the Mets at Under 89 and Over 81 and have a real nice shot at a middle.
Something seems off.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Postby Merrick65 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Maris09 wrote:That's pretty strange to have such a large disparity in numbers like that.

You could take the Mets at Under 89 and Over 81 and have a real nice shot at a middle.
Something seems off.


I agree. The Greek is usually a pretty sharp book but some of those just seem too easy... I'm not one to place a wager that takes 6 months to cash anyhow, so I doubt I'll play any of 'em; but interesting nonetheless.
Merrick65
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 74
Joined: 7 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Postby Maris09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Merrick65 wrote:
Maris09 wrote:That's pretty strange to have such a large disparity in numbers like that.

You could take the Mets at Under 89 and Over 81 and have a real nice shot at a middle.
Something seems off.


I agree. The Greek is usually a pretty sharp book but some of those just seem too easy... I'm not one to place a wager that takes 6 months to cash anyhow, so I doubt I'll play any of 'em; but interesting nonetheless.

Exactly. The Greek is sharp as they come. No way they hang some of those numbers.

I had to create a "Guest" account to view them at The Greek, and the only thing I can think if is that maybe they put those weak numbers out in the Guest section to try and lure people into creating an actual account.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 MLB Over/Under Wins

Postby Merrick65 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Maris09 wrote:
Merrick65 wrote:
Maris09 wrote:That's pretty strange to have such a large disparity in numbers like that.

You could take the Mets at Under 89 and Over 81 and have a real nice shot at a middle.
Something seems off.


I agree. The Greek is usually a pretty sharp book but some of those just seem too easy... I'm not one to place a wager that takes 6 months to cash anyhow, so I doubt I'll play any of 'em; but interesting nonetheless.

Exactly. The Greek is sharp as they come. No way they hang some of those numbers.

I had to create a "Guest" account to view them at The Greek, and the only thing I can think if is that maybe they put those weak numbers out in the Guest section to try and lure people into creating an actual account.


That would be a pretty nice bait and switch if they were pulling that..

I kinda figure they know people will pile on the over for the Mariners and Rangers all the while they know the Mariners lineup and back end of the rotation is AAA and the Rangers rotation tosses BP every time out.... (I'm not an Angels fan... :-D )
Merrick65
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 74
Joined: 7 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Izenhart, unioreimi and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact