Tulo vs. Kinsler - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tulo vs. Kinsler

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tulo vs. Kinsler

Postby micemi » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:57 am

I have the 12th pick in a 12 team non keeper league. League is 6x6 with extra offensive cat being OBP. I have the typical 12 guys ranked for the first round but was wondering which of these two guys I should go with if the draft goes as planned. Top 12 in some order are Pujols, Hanley, Arod, Utley, Braun, Fielder, Howard, Mcab, Tex, Mauer, Longoria, and Kemp. If two of them are there for me I take them but if not I figure take the best available middle infielder at that 13 spot. Of these two, which is the better choice?
micemi
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tulo vs. Kinsler

Postby theplayer11 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 am

Tulo because there are a lot more Tier 2 2b to grab later compared to SS
theplayer11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bogey9906 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Pass on Mauer and take both if available. If only one, then probably Tulo.
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

Postby micemi » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Thought about passing on Mauer but since OBP is a category, he has added value in my league.
micemi
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Element » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:58 pm

I prefer Tulo to Kinsler straight up not even taking into account scarcity. 2B is much deeper than SS. You can likely snag Brian Roberts a round or two later (since OBP is a cat).
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 693)

Postby Chicago 2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Tulowitzki.

SS is the scarcest position this year.

2B is one of the deeper positions this year and like earlier posters said, you can wait to draft other capable second basemen. Cano and Phillips are solid later round candidates.
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:04 pm

The only way either position is really scarce is if you are in a league with a MI slot and then there are so many mediocre guys that are going to fit the MI slot that again scarcity doesn't really matter. I really wouldn't pick one over the other because of the position they play.

I prefer Kinsler over Tulo in general just because the Rangers have a better lineup around him. However with OBP added I have to assume there is a better pick out there than either of them.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby theplayer11 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:49 pm

The only way either position is really scarce is if you are in a league with a MI slot and then there are so many mediocre guys that are going to fit the MI slot that again scarcity doesn't really matter

what exactly are you saying here?
theplayer11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:58 pm

I'll take Tulo. I would have more confidence if Kinsler could show that he is oing to stay healthy but that doesn't seem to be the case. Tulo is a high quality SS that should continue his success.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby kab21 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Ender wrote:The only way either position is really scarce is if you are in a league with a MI slot and then there are so many mediocre guys that are going to fit the MI slot that again scarcity doesn't really matter. I really wouldn't pick one over the other because of the position they play.

I prefer Kinsler over Tulo in general just because the Rangers have a better lineup around him. However with OBP added I have to assume there is a better pick out there than either of them.

False. After the top 5 (or 6 if Zobrist is eligible) I don't want anything to do with the rest of the SS's. And the only one that might be left at the 3/4 turn is jeter (also zobrist if eligible). While at the the 3/4 turn you will be able to pick from most of these Roberts/Cano/Pedroia/Phillips/Hill/Zobrist tier.

Partly because of that and partly because Kinsler is continually injured I pick Tulo.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers