yahoo standard 5x5 priv8 league team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

yahoo standard 5x5 priv8 league team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

yahoo standard 5x5 priv8 league team

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:56 pm

c - posada
1b - frank thomas
2b - vidro
ss - renteria
3b - teixeira
OF - sammy
OF - carlos lee
OF - alex sanchez
util - edgar martinez
bench - morgan ensberg
bench - pat burrell
bench - larry walker

SP - prior, oswalt, carlos zambrano, redding, ohka, pavano
RP - rivera, kolb, julio, chacon

so yeah. this team was my only live draft this year, and welp, i think i did a good job. i'm counting on 50+ from sammy, #1 catcher production from posada, prior to be the best pitcher in baseball, oswalt to pitch like he has throughout his career, and carlos zambrano to be the x-factor pitcher who turns my rotations from young ones with potential to a studly pitching force to be reckoned with.

power? check. average? eh, pretty good? starting? yeah. saves? probably.

i think i've got more depth on this team than in my other leagues, so i look forward to letting her rip with some minor adjustments before the season starts, and i think i'll be competing for the league. what do you think?
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Larry » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:01 pm

How much do you hope to get out of Burrell and Sanchez? Do you think they are weak links on your team?
Larry

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:49 pm

pat burrell is the definition of a low risk high potnetial reward player. i'm not counting on anything more than 209/21/64, but in round 17 or 18 or 19, when you've got youe starters penciled in, you can roll the dice on a once-proven commodity like burrell and have him just in case he looks like he's 37/117 once again.

larry walker? same thing. i dont count on him to be anything but a benchrider right now... if he hits .330/20/85 word me up, if not i can cut him with little to no consequence.

sammy and carlos lee are going to produce.

oh wait you said sanchez? well i've been a fan of his back to his milwaukee days. he'll steal 40+ bases this season, barring injury or something.

i think my weakest link is if either frank thomas or the two headed monster of teixeria/ensberg fails.. then i've got a hole at a power position and my OF likely isn't going to be godly enough to make up for it (for example, i have sammy barry and vladdy in another league)

all in all, my fantasy teams are going to revolve around sammy sosa and carlos zambrano, so it's really going to be up to them to make or break my hopes.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team