YAHOO MOCKS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

YAHOO MOCKS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: YAHOO MOCKS

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:08 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:The one to launch the client.

I have the same thing going on as gws226:

1. Waiting time is up - message appears draft is launching.
2. Indicator bar takes a loooong time to extend to 100% but never gets there.
3. Refresh page - revealing a link to open the client manually.
4. Click on link and draft loads.

Bottom line - the drafts aren't opening automatically. If you just sit there and stare at the indicator bar you'll be sitting there for the rest of your life while you're opening your draft on "autopick". You have to physically refresh the page and then manually click the client link to get in. This has happened since mocks opened and occurs on both !E8 and Firefox.

So forgive me if this is a goofy question, but it never hurts to ask, and I could see how it could be missed: at some point in that progress bar, the app figures out that your draft is ready and wants to launch the client. It does so in a pop-up window. Is it possible you have a pop-up blocker blocking that window? That would be completely consistent with what you are describing...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:So forgive me if this is a goofy question, but it never hurts to ask, and I could see how it could be missed: at some point in that progress bar, the app figures out that your draft is ready and wants to launch the client. It does so in a pop-up window. Is it possible you have a pop-up blocker blocking that window? That would be completely consistent with what you are describing...

Completely reasonable question - the answer is "no" however - no pop-up blockers in use on my system...
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tribefan08 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:42 pm

genie-

no the teams are not computer slots, they are NOT team 3, 4, etc

They are real people who have signed up, all 12 spots filled but only 5 people were on drafting?

mine loaded immediately this last time but like i said it was the ONLY app on my comp i had open, if it goes to not let me in again in the future i'll check the pop up blocker.

CHOO AT #44? LOL
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby gws226 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Oh hey. Something else occurred to me. So you join a mock draft. You're sitting in the mock draft waiting room. When the time comes, a progress bar pops up saying your draft is starting soon. Eventually, that pops up the draft client in its own window, which has its own progress bar as it loads. For those of you having problems, which progress bar is getting stuck? The one to launch the client, or the one that is in the client?

The one to launch the client.

Bottom line - the drafts aren't opening automatically. If you just sit there and stare at the indicator bar you'll be sitting there for the rest of your life while you're opening your draft on "autopick". You have to physically refresh the page and then manually click the client link to get in. This has happened since mocks opened and occurs on both !E8 and Firefox.

I believe Slayer has the correct sequence. If I let it sit long enough, the draft does eventually load, but its already on the 5th or 6th pick. Last time I let it load on it own, I had the 5th pick. It finally came up with 40 seconds left on my pick... I plan on trying another Mock tonight, I'll not the exact sequence and post back.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Chicago 2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:17 pm

Here are a couple different things that are a bit annoyiong.

1. The progress bar in the waiting room takes forever to load while your waiting for the draft to pop up, sometimes I need to refresh to see the link.

2. I've noticed a couple times that the nomination timer starts while the countdown flashes 1, 2, 3, giving the first person less time to decide.

3. I seem to have connection problems here and there even though my laptop is new and I'm directly plugged into my router.

4. The thing that annoys me the most is that the draft platform is TOO big, I have to maximize it to full screen and hide my task bar in order to see everything in the draft window, otherwise the bottom is cut off. A scroll feature would eliminate the need to have to maximize the draft window and for me hide my taskbar. I use other programs for draft analysis and it would be nice to look back and forth instead of completely minimizing the draft.

Other than that it seems to work well.

Oh, and ADD JASON HEYWARD!!!
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gws226 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:11 pm

gws226 wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Oh hey. Something else occurred to me. So you join a mock draft. You're sitting in the mock draft waiting room. When the time comes, a progress bar pops up saying your draft is starting soon. Eventually, that pops up the draft client in its own window, which has its own progress bar as it loads. For those of you having problems, which progress bar is getting stuck? The one to launch the client, or the one that is in the client?

The one to launch the client.

I believe Slayer has the correct sequence. If I let it sit long enough, the draft does eventually load, but its already on the 5th or 6th pick. Last time I let it load on it own, I had the 5th pick. It finally came up with 40 seconds left on my pick... I plan on trying another Mock tonight, I'll not the exact sequence and post back.

tonight my Mock ran perfectly. Love the countdown thingy.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:47 pm

New issue now (sorry Genie) - mocks not being sent via e-mail and constipating themselves on the main lobby page.

The good news is you can still mock - but whatever's holding them back from being sent via e-mail is the same culprit keeping them alive in the lobby...

Trying to show a screen print but cafe not allowing it

*EDIT* - here's some buzz from the message board about it:

http://messages.fantasysports.yahoo.com/Fantasy_Sports/Baseball/threadview?m=te&bn=fan-baseball-drafttalk&tid=1075770&mid=1075770&tof=9&frt=2#1075770
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:02 am

I use Mozilla Firefox with Adblock Plus, Stop Autoplay and Flashblock enabled. Firefox blocks the popup window, so I always launch the draft window manually. And I have no other application running (only the ones that are always running, like Antivirus, Firewall etc...)
So far I did 7 mocks, and had no problem.

Chicago 2 wrote:4. The thing that annoys me the most is that the draft platform is TOO big, I have to maximize it to full screen and hide my task bar in order to see everything in the draft window, otherwise the bottom is cut off. A scroll feature would eliminate the need to have to maximize the draft window and for me hide my taskbar. I use other programs for draft analysis and it would be nice to look back and forth instead of completely minimizing the draft.

agreed. it annoys me too.
It might be, cause I use a 32" LCD with a 1360x768 screen resolution?
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:03 am

Slayer Rules wrote:New issue now (sorry Genie) - mocks not being sent via e-mail and constipating themselves on the main lobby page.

The good news is you can still mock - but whatever's holding them back from being sent via e-mail is the same culprit keeping them alive in the lobby...

http://messages.fantasysports.yahoo.com/Fantasy_Sports/Baseball/threadview?m=te&bn=fan-baseball-drafttalk&tid=1075770&mid=1075770&tof=9&frt=2#1075770

Yup. 2am my time and I've been digging at this for 4 hours or so now. Drafts from today are cleaning themself up so they won't be kept alive in the lobby, but the e-mail thing is kicking my butt.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby tribefan08 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:New issue now (sorry Genie) - mocks not being sent via e-mail and constipating themselves on the main lobby page.

Yup. 2am my time and I've been digging at this for 4 hours or so now. Drafts from today are cleaning themself up so they won't be kept alive in the lobby, but the e-mail thing is kicking my butt.

Ya i was getting emails from my mocks and haven't the past couple as well.
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers