YAHOO MOCKS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

YAHOO MOCKS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: YAHOO MOCKS

Postby Maris09 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah I haven't had that problem. It's loaded no problem every time.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Is anyone else having the problem described here? The suggestion that we can't handle the load is way off the mark; once live drafts actually start, we do many many many simultaneous drafts. As long as it is only mocks, that number is tiny in comparison. So...

- Is anyone else having trouble getting the client to load successfully? We definitely haven't been hearing any sort of widespread complaint about this. I've seen no such bug.
- For tribefan08 and anyone else that is having this problem, what actually happens? Can you describe in more detail the problem you're having?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby tribefan08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Is anyone else having the problem described here? The suggestion that we can't handle the load is way off the mark; once live drafts actually start, we do many many many simultaneous drafts. As long as it is only mocks, that number is tiny in comparison. So...

- Is anyone else having trouble getting the client to load successfully? We definitely haven't been hearing any sort of widespread complaint about this. I've seen no such bug.
- For tribefan08 and anyone else that is having this problem, what actually happens? Can you describe in more detail the problem you're having?

Basically I join a mock. The mock is full. So there should be a full mock "IF" i do get into the draft room. THE main problem i've had is getting the draft room to load. I have tested my system, it says its fine. It loads the bar all the way to the last 1/10 of an inch then stops. I have wait how long and nothing happens, just sticks there. I have also x'd out and had to keep x'ing out multiple times and keep hitting "launch the draft window".

Whats funny is I just joined one, it wouldn't pop up, then i X'd out of my poker room and i was able to get on. Maybe thats the problem? I do know I got in one time and asked a guy if he had issues and he said yes.

WHO KNOWS, maybe it was the poker app running was too mcuh?
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Element » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:51 pm

I've had issues loading too. It'll take two minutes or so for the draft window to open ... and in some cases that freezes at 99% or so too. I usually need to refresh the mock lobby page so that I can click the link to launch the draft window. Once that happens, I am usually ok and it runs flawlessly once I'm in. I mentioned the issue at the end of This Thread. But you'll see 12 people join a mock and once you get in there you'll have 4 autopickers. That tells me that not everyone can get it to load. Some may not care enough to shoot off a complaint or are unaware of what channels to use to do so.

I've been playing with the mock auction tool the past couple of days which is really exciting for me. I have been doing an auction league for 10 years now. The only time I ever do a serpentine draft anymore is when I get invited by someone. The layout of the auction tool is excellent. The only two beefs that I have with it ..

1) It doesn't always load on the first try. It takes a few minutes and may freeze up. Manually reloading the page corrects the problem most of the time. However, it seems as though several other participants cannot access & are replaced by autobidders. Which leads to #2 ..

2) The AI on the autobidders is terrible. No matter what player is nominated for bidding, the AI automatically jumps bidding up above the projected dollar value after a few seconds. This isn't a big deal if there is only 1 or 2 autobidders as they will run out of money quickly, but any more than that kind of ruins the experience. There could be several chances for the Ai to get a player well below "value", but it never happens that way.

Regardless, it's great to see the inclusion of auctions on Yahoo and I hope to get 12 owners together for a draft so that we wouldn't have to deal with the robots. At the very least, it's a great step in the right direction to make the product that much better. And of course, it's free! If Yahoo keeps expanding it's capabilities, I may end up moving our CBS league over some day.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 632)

Postby tribefan08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Element wrote:I've had issues loading too. It'll take two minutes or so for the draft window to open ... and in some cases that freezes at 99% or so too. I usually need to refresh the mock lobby page so that I can click the link to launch the draft window. Once that happens, I am usually ok and it runs flawlessly once I'm in. I mentioned the issue at the end of This Thread. But you'll see 12 people join a mock and once you get in there you'll have 4 autopickers. That tells me that not everyone can get it to load. Some may not care enough to shoot off a complaint or are unaware of what channels to use to do so.

I've been playing with the mock auction tool the past couple of days which is really exciting for me. I have been doing an auction league for 10 years now. The only time I ever do a serpentine draft anymore is when I get invited by someone. The layout of the auction tool is excellent. The only two beefs that I have with it ..

1) It doesn't always load on the first try. It takes a few minutes and may freeze up. Manually reloading the page corrects the problem most of the time. However, it seems as though several other participants cannot access & are replaced by autobidders. Which leads to #2 ..

2) The AI on the autobidders is terrible. No matter what player is nominated for bidding, the AI automatically jumps bidding up above the projected dollar value after a few seconds. This isn't a big deal if there is only 1 or 2 autobidders as they will run out of money quickly, but any more than that kind of ruins the experience. There could be several chances for the Ai to get a player well below "value", but it never happens that way.

Regardless, it's great to see the inclusion of auctions on Yahoo and I hope to get 12 owners together for a draft so that we wouldn't have to deal with the robots. At the very least, it's a great step in the right direction to make the product that much better. And of course, it's free! If Yahoo keeps expanding it's capabilities, I may end up moving our CBS league over some day.

YUP.
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:54 pm

tribefan08 wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Is anyone else having the problem described here? The suggestion that we can't handle the load is way off the mark; once live drafts actually start, we do many many many simultaneous drafts. As long as it is only mocks, that number is tiny in comparison. So...

Basically I join a mock. The mock is full. So there should be a full mock "IF" i do get into the draft room. THE main problem i've had is getting the draft room to load. I have tested my system, it says its fine. It loads the bar all the way to the last 1/10 of an inch then stops. I have wait how long and nothing happens, just sticks there. I have also x'd out and had to keep x'ing out multiple times and keep hitting "launch the draft window".

Whats funny is I just joined one, it wouldn't pop up, then i X'd out of my poker room and i was able to get on. Maybe thats the problem? I do know I got in one time and asked a guy if he had issues and he said yes.

WHO KNOWS, maybe it was the poker app running was too mcuh?

Okay. We're getting closer. So the typical problem is that the progress bar loads most of the way, and then hangs in that state? Any chance you can post a screenshot of your client in that hung state? When you say you "x'd out", do you mean you closed the window that the client launched in and try again? And sometimes it works for you fine, just other times it does not? Certainly something like isolating the issue by not running other apps would at least help narrow down the problem.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby tribefan08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:05 pm

ya it gets to about where its loaded 99% of the way and doesn't load the draft romm.
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:43 am

I did several drafts and had no problem. It loaded every time.
But when I sign up for a mock, I never run any other application (only Firefox of course), until the draft room is loaded.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:13 am

yup this first happened few days ago for me. i thought it was just me.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby tribefan08 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:00 am

I actually emailed yahoo. Got a huge list of things i need to do.

Take off my pop up blocker.
Firewall issues.
Disable anti-ad and anti-spyware
Have a fast connection, broadband.

The guy was very nice who emailed me, but I'm not turning off my anti-spyware and things of that nature to do a draft. For one if I can get into the lobby sometimes and sometimes not thats not the issue. I have roadrunner broadband internet, not dialup. And I'm not accessing into my firewall.

Alot of things he suggested put my computer at major risk of viruses, etc. Already been there done that. Like I mentioned before, I think running something else on my comp may have been some of the problem, but who knows, i'll have to try another mock sooon....
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers