YAHOO MOCKS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

YAHOO MOCKS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

YAHOO MOCKS

Postby tribefan08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:14 pm

Has anyone else been having as much trouble getting the interface to load as I have???

I've probbaly only had one actually load right away and i was able to make my first round picks, others either I miss my first pick or two, OR worse the stupid thing doesn't load at all...

VERYY ANNOYING, i'd like to know if anyone else is having trouble? I asked in one mock if they had trouble and a couple guys said yes, whats messed up the Mock filled but only 3 or 4 people were able to or did log on?
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: YAHOO MOCKS

Postby Maris09 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:19 pm

I haven't had any problems getting on, but have noticed that many of the mocks end up having a lot of autopicking. Might just be because it's early.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby tribefan08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Maris09 wrote:I haven't had any problems getting on, but have noticed that many of the mocks end up having a lot of autopicking. Might just be because it's early.

I dont get it. People are signing up, the mock is full how many minutes before with "REAL PEOPLE" then you get into the mock (it has loaded a couple times) and more than half the league is autopicking????

I think something is messed up. I tested my computer and it says everything is fine, so its not that. Its very annoying it wont load.
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Maris09 wrote:I haven't had any problems getting on, but have noticed that many of the mocks end up having a lot of autopicking. Might just be because it's early.

I did one right when it opened and had 3-4 people on autopick. It's not that bad because Yahoo skips over them automatically next time if they go over the clock and/or closed the applet (?) but I can't imagine those ones will get everyone drafting the whole way.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Maris09 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:

I did one right when it opened and had 3-4 people on autopick. It's not that bad because Yahoo skips over them automatically next time if they go over the clock and/or closed the applet (?) but I can't imagine those ones will get everyone drafting the whole way.

But you guys think that's a product of a faulty system or just people bailing on the draft before it actually starts?
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Maris09 wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

But you guys think that's a product of a faulty system or just people bailing on the draft before it actually starts?

Bailing on the draft. Not everyone who plays Yahoo cares enough to go through a whole mock. You also pick a mock and then wait around for like 10-15 minutes potentially.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Maris09 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Yeah that's what I think too.

I think tribe is sayig that he thinks something may be wrong with the system.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby tribefan08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Maris09 wrote:Yeah that's what I think too.

I think tribe is sayig that he thinks something may be wrong with the system.

Ya I think something is wrong with the interface. It does NOT load correctly.

Does it load automatically for you guys? I have to "x" out like 5 times, then finally it will load. I've also sat there and wait 10 minutes on it only to watch it NOT load. So its not that i'm not waiting.

I think people are signing up to do a draft, and aren't able to get in. Why would 12 people sign up then ONLY 3-4 actually do the mock and the other 9 are on autopick from the beginning? I understand some people only wanna do their first few picks (which is pointless) but they're not even signing on and doing that.
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Steve-o » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Over the last few days I have certainly had trouble with it loading. It was much faster on the first day. I assumed this was due to traffic.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tribefan08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Steve-o wrote:Over the last few days I have certainly had trouble with it loading. It was much faster on the first day. I assumed this was due to traffic.

Yahoo needs to do something similar to MDC if thats the case. Its ridiculous. If their server cant handle it dont offer as many mocks.

I think the people are there signing up and want to do them, just once they sign up the draft page isnt loading for them.

I know i've just said F it on a couple, yet sometimes it loads?
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers