Slipping Through - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Slipping Through

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Slipping Through

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:03 am

Part of my final draft prep is looking over ESPN, Sportsline, and Expert Drafts to see which players seem to be falling further than I think they should. Here's a few I've spotted:

Josh Phelps: Usually hanging around until pick 200+, while I see him about 50-75 places higher.

Jason Phillips: Has been picked as high as 150, which is about right to me, but often drops to 230+

Carl Pavano: Sometimes picked by 230, but many drafts have him falling to 280+. Definitely undervalued.

John Lackey, Eric DuBose, Tom Ohka: All of these guys seem to disappear no earlier than about 275th pick, while I think they rate 25-50 places higher.

Mark Kotsay: Injury risk, but seemed to have recovered in last half last year. Often hangs around to 300+, if he's picked at all. He'llbe leading off for an underrated A's offense.

Tim Redding: He seems to fall to about 290-300, but is probably worth a 250 pick or so.

Jose Cruz Jr: Rarely picked before 300 because of his team, but he'll be in middle of line-up hitting behind Crawford & Rocco and stealing some bags, too. Worth a bump of 2 or more rounds up.

Lyle Overbay: Similar to Cruz. He's being ignored because of team, I think. He's often undrafted and has gone no earlier than 350th pick in anything I've found. That's too low.

Aaron Guiel, HS Choi, Kevin Mench: Often going undrafted, but probably worth a pick in the 275-325 range.

Later I'll try to post some that look over-valued, IMO.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MikeeDee » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:25 pm

Nice analysis. I'd like to add Mark deRosa. He's got the 3b job, is eligible for 2b and ss too and is pretty decent.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:52 pm

Like his versatility, but not his offensive numbers. He's generally being picked around 300-325, which seems about right to me.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers