how to deal with commish who always picks 1 or 2? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

how to deal with commish who always picks 1 or 2?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: how to deal with commish who always picks 1 or 2?

Postby BeanTown » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:32 pm

I commish a league and we've done it two ways.

In the past I would run an online draft randomizer and I would just put in everyone's email addresses so when I het generate it would randomize the order and send it to everyone in the league in an email. No one ever had an issue with that because I don't know how you'd rig it.

Since switching to a keeper league and adjusting some of our rules we now go by order of finish. If you finished first the previous season you get your choice of where you'd like to draft in the upcoming season and we go down the line until reaching the last place team. It rewards the top guys and it gives teams down at the bottom additional incentive to stay active down the stretch.

If your commish is simply telling you he's pulling names out of hat while he's sitting at home by himself then call BS. We're all freinds here, it's fantasy baseball... just call him out in a way that you're bustin nuts. I'm sure your league mates will join you. Eveyone likes a good roast.
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattmurdock » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Hey,
I think that I'm in the league(s) that BitterDodgerFan is talking about here. If so, the commish has only been running the league for two years so far. The commish uses an automated dice rolling system or the FF Toolbox with the results posted for everyone to see. Nothing sinister going on here, if this is the same league(s) that I'm thinking of (H&I and TLWNN)....
mattmurdock
T-Ball Trainer

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:09 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:he doesn't let us in the draft order randomization that he runs pre-draft but he's always first or second pick the last five or so years. isn't that somewhat fishy?

how can one to deal with this in a polite fashion? i like the league for the most part and the commish is a pretty nice guy other than this issue.

According to the OP, it appears that this league has been running for more than 2 years.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Just to clarify, we're talking about Artful Dodger here, right?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby mattmurdock » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:59 pm

According to the OP, it appears that this league has been running for more than 2 years.

Yes, the league(s) have been running for at least 5 years, but the current commish has has only run the league for 2 seasons so far (his third year will start this spring).
mattmurdock
T-Ball Trainer

Postby wkelly91 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:18 pm

In one league I was in the commish had eveyone send him a total number from the powerball the week before the draft. He posted everyones totals prior to the lotto pick so everyone knew what the totals were...no tom-foolery there. ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:51 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Just to clarify, we're talking about Artful Dodger here, right?

who? :-D
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers