League Constitution - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Live Free or DyNasty

League Constitution

Moderators: WaCougMBS, rookies and cream, Bwanna

Re: Poll: Positions to add for 2013 and beyond?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:38 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Looks pretty clearcut to add OF4, P, BN this year (as we have one absentee voter and we're already at/above 7 votes for each) and then we can hash out what we want to add in the following year after that at some point.

Any thoughts on voting now for what we do in the following offseason (for the 2014 season) right now, while it's fresh in our mind, so as to maximize planning time, etc.? Always good to get it on the books ASAP in my experience ;-D

IMO these additions should be just about enough. I'd like to have something of an existent waiver pool, and rosters are getting to be plenty deep enough.

That can be your vote then ;-) Not being a dick, just sayin' - I don't even know how I feel about further expansion, but we've talked about it and some interest has certainly been there, so I figure it's worth a vote at some point ...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:46 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Looks pretty clearcut to add OF4, P, BN this year (as we have one absentee voter and we're already at/above 7 votes for each) and then we can hash out what we want to add in the following year after that at some point.

Any thoughts on voting now for what we do in the following offseason (for the 2014 season) right now, while it's fresh in our mind, so as to maximize planning time, etc.? Always good to get it on the books ASAP in my experience ;-D

IMO these additions should be just about enough. I'd like to have something of an existent waiver pool, and rosters are getting to be plenty deep enough.

That can be your vote then ;-) Not being a dick, just sayin' - I don't even know how I feel about further expansion, but we've talked about it and some interest has certainly been there, so I figure it's worth a vote at some point ...

I wasn't aware that we had talked about expanding rosters 3 years in a row, but that's fine. If people want to vote for it, then so be it.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)

Re: Poll: Pickups limit for 2013 and beyond?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Bwanna wrote:Weird - I figured this would pass. Even I voted for it. :-? :-b

Well, that's just because you wanted a rule named after you :-b

A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

Postby Third Day » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:53 pm

If Omaha wanted to take back his vote(s), would that take us below 7 for any of the choices?
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Poll: Pickups limit for 2013 and beyond?

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Bwanna wrote:Weird - I figured this would pass. Even I voted for it. :-? :-b

Well, that's just because you wanted a rule named after you :-b

Heck yes! :-D
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

2013 League Question

Postby Third Day » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Were any of the proposed rule changes/roster changes approved for this season?
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 277)

Re: 2013 League Question

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:18 pm

I don't recall any, but if someone else remembers otherwise, definitely speak up.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

2013 League Question

Postby Bwanna » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 am

Yes. viewtopic.php?p=3559656#p3559656

Remember, we are adding OF, P and BN spots for 2013, bringing the total roster size to 29.

Constitution: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=247&t=400344&p=3191211#p3191211
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Add consequences for accidental pickups; Add 5 NA slots

Postby Bwanna » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:59 pm

In order to greatly reduce the occurrence of accidental player additions who are owned by other managers, I propose that if someone fails to check the farm rosters at http://bit.ly/lfod and adds a player that is already owned by another manager that the following consequences occur:

1. First offense of the year: Warning
2. Second: Forfeit one in-season pickup
3. Third: Forfeit second in-season pickup AND 5th round draft pick for the following season
4. Fourth: Forfeit third in-season pickup AND 4th round draft pick for the following season
5. Fifth: Forfeit forth in-season pickup AND 3rd round draft pick for the following season
6. Sixth: Forfeit fifth in-season pickup AND 2nd round draft pick for the following season
7. Figure this out - but it won't happen.

edit: remove this from the proposal:
II. I also propose that we add the max NA slots (5 currently) that Yahoo now allows so that owners can choose to add their farm players to their roster as they see fit. These NA slots can only be used for already owned farm players, not NA players that are otherwise free agents.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Add consequences for accidental pickups; Add 5 NA slots

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Am I seeing two things to vote on, but only one voting option?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Live Free or DyNasty