Players added to Yahoo... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Players added to Yahoo...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Players added to Yahoo...

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:06 am

Also it's still 6 weeks until the season starts guys. There is plenty of time to add 'your' guy.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:20 am

I'd rather see Yahoo take a stance for consistency by creating the player pool based on the 40 man rosters than adding certain players on a whim and leaving others out. ;-D

As the rosters change, the player pool can change.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:51 am

I've explained this a bunch of times this season already, but I can do it again heh

Leagues can now have two settings. One says, "I only want to see guys that have been put on a major league roster". That is the option for people who want consistency. Some people using that option now are confused because they are seeing guys like Strasburg. That is because he is on a major league roster today. Consistency means just that; it involves no judgement about whether they are likely to stay on the roster, whether their team should have put them on the roster, etc. etc.

The second option says, "I want to see any player that Yahoo! deemed interesting." Choosing that option gets you earlier access to prospects and so on, but necessarily means that it will be subjective and you may or may not always see who you want to see right when you want to see them. It can include prospects we think people want to add, veterans that haven't yet signed on with a team, etc. The players that are being forcibly included in this setting can be seen using the
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/<league id>/showforced
url that I mentioned earlier. The fact that Heyward isn't in this player pool could be because we're "stupid". Or it could be because it is ages until the season starts and players are still being added. Note that I've already posted that there is another batch of prospects coming to the player pool soon, but feel free to go with the "stupid" explanation if you like. I, personally, am about as bright as a 3 watt light bulb.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:01 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:The fact that Heyward isn't in this player pool could be because we're "stupid". Or it could be because it is ages until the season starts and players are still being added. Note that I've already posted that there is another batch of prospects coming to the player pool soon, but feel free to go with the "stupid" explanation if you like. I, personally, am about as bright as a 3 watt light bulb.

Don't listen to the under-evolved minority :-t :-t :-C
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby gws226 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:22 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:I've explained this a bunch of times this season already, but I can do it again heh

Leagues can now have two settings. One says, "I only want to see guys that have been put on a major league roster". That is the option for people who want consistency. Some people using that option now are confused because they are seeing guys like Strasburg. That is because he is on a major league roster today. Consistency means just that; it involves no judgement about whether they are likely to stay on the roster, whether their team should have put them on the roster, etc. etc.

The second option says, "I want to see any player that Yahoo! deemed interesting." Choosing that option gets you earlier access to prospects and so on, but necessarily means that it will be subjective and you may or may not always see who you want to see right when you want to see them. It can include prospects we think people want to add, veterans that haven't yet signed on with a team, etc. The players that are being forcibly included in this setting can be seen using the
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/<league id>/showforced
url that I mentioned earlier. The fact that Heyward isn't in this player pool could be because we're "stupid". Or it could be because it is ages until the season starts and players are still being added. Note that I've already posted that there is another batch of prospects coming to the player pool soon, but feel free to go with the "stupid" explanation if you like. I, personally, am about as bright as a 3 watt light bulb.

There are many people here that most certainly appreciate your assistance (even if its been said one too many times.) So thank you very much. With some of the rule changes (eventhough this is the second year of this one) there is naturally a bit of confusion. I admit Yahoo's rookie policies were a litte confusing in the past, and as long as this rule makes its consistent... and I can kindly point to where the rule orginates from someone drafts strasburg in the 26th round in a wait to call up to majors league.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:03 am

Jason Heyward was added this morning...there will be celebrations in the street. :-b
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Niffoc4 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:09 am

Also Josh Lindblom... though I don't think anyone outside of his family and hardcore Dodgers fans will be celebrating, he could end up in a setup role for them thisyear.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby garf112 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:11 am

Am I crazy? I don't see this being a change in the way yahoo does things. They have been pretty consistent with their player add policy.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Niffoc4 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:32 am

whoa! A ton of big additions today, here's a few of the more important ones: Justin Smoak, Jesus Montero, Martin Perez, Michael Taylor, Adrian Cardenas, Michael Stanton, Logan Morrison, Domonic Brown, Kyle Drabek and more!
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 am

Updated with players of interest.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer