Players added to Yahoo... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Players added to Yahoo...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Players added to Yahoo...

Postby Niffoc4 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:37 pm

As someone mentioned earlier, there are players that the player search function suggests that have not yet been added to Yahoo Fantasy (i.e. Jason Heyward, Martin Perez, Freddie Freeman and Logan Morrison), should we read into this or not?
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gws226 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Sorry for the double post... but this threads seems more appropriate.

We have the Wait until players are called up option enabled, but it does not appear to affect the available player list. I tested with a few names I know have yet to see playing time.

Stephen Strasburg, WAS
Juan Abreu, P, ATL
Kevin Pucetas, P, SF
Scott Sizemore, 2B, CLE
Chris Nelson, SS COL
Pedro Alvarez(Pit - 3B)
chris carter, OAK
Jeremy Hellickson, TB

Can anyone confirm?
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:39 pm

gws226 wrote:Sorry for the double post... but this threads seems more appropriate.

We have the Wait until players are called up option enabled, but it does not appear to affect the available player list. I tested with a few names I know have yet to see playing time.

Stephen Strasburg, WAS
Juan Abreu, P, ATL
Kevin Pucetas, P, SF
Scott Sizemore, 2B, CLE
Chris Nelson, SS COL
Pedro Alvarez(Pit - 3B)
chris carter, OAK
Jeremy Hellickson, TB

Can anyone confirm?

All of these players have been called up as they are on their team's official roster. Go to MLB.com to check it out,
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby gws226 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 pm

hmmmm. That is very interesting. Thank you for pointing out the obvious.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:11 pm

hm nice point havok. it looks as if yahoo is basing their rookie adds on mlb.com's respective 40-man roster. thats why we havnt seen heyward in the pool yet...
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Montana168 wrote:hm nice point havok. it looks as if yahoo is basing their rookie adds on mlb.com's respective 40-man roster. thats why we havnt seen heyward in the pool yet...

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Note that since launch we haven't forcibly added anyone to the game. Any new players you see arriving at this point are because they were placed on a team's roster, according to our data provider. Strasburg is another interesting case; he currently has roster status.

Genie echoed that info in his last post. Still, expect some prospects to be added by Yahoo on their own accord eventually. If I had to guess.

I say...
Heyward
Smoak
Leake
Taylor
Frazier

could all be added before the beginning of the season.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:10 pm

They could be. Not my call. But if they are added due to being promising rookies, and not because they were on their teams rosters, then those players will not show up in all leagues, depending on the league setting for when they want to see players. Those are players that we call "forced" into the game, and leagues can choose to exclude those players if they want a truly consistent rule for when players appear. Just clarifying the behavior.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby tribefan08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:23 pm

I just find it funny Yahoo can list 1401 rum dumbs, about a billion.... well less than that since its only 1401..... will even see the bigs this year, or probably ever..... really 1401 and you can't list Heyward Probably the biggest name in the minors?

Its just a joke, they do it for fun. Or they're just as dumb as most of us really think yahoo and ESPN (just to lump them in) are.....

if you're gonna list Joe Schmoe do ya think you could list....hmmm i dont know, maybe the best players in the minors?

ridiculous.
tribefan08
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:30 pm

tribefan08 wrote:I just find it funny Yahoo can list 1401 rum dumbs, about a billion.... well less than that since its only 1401..... will even see the bigs this year, or probably ever..... really 1401 and you can't list Heyward Probably the biggest name in the minors?

Its just a joke, they do it for fun. Or they're just as dumb as most of us really think yahoo and ESPN (just to lump them in) are.....

if you're gonna list Joe Schmoe do ya think you could list....hmmm i dont know, maybe the best players in the minors?

ridiculous.

What kind of sense does this make? Everyone currently listed in the Yahoo database is on the their team's official roster. Yahoo has just inputed the names that the MLB teams have added. They haven't added Heyward because he hasn't been added to the official roster. Yahoo has been very consistent so far and hasn't varied yet. Get pissed at the Braves not Yahoo.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Montana168 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:44 am

eh, it is what it is. ive been vocal in the past about this issue a lot, and tribe fan is right. yahoo does what yahoo wants to do. its interesting to see that they are employing a new "standard" for adding rookies (based on 40-man rosters) because in the past they certainly had no standard at all, they added who they felt like adding, whenever they felt like adding him.

but you can't really lump espn into this. espn always has a much deeper roster pool than yahoo because they add lots and lots of minor league players. i agree with tribefan tho, it is frustrating to play in a dynasty league on yahoo rather than espn because of this difference in the games. i kno people will probably respond to this, "well then go to ESPN", but just stating my opinion. it just seems laughable that heyward isnt in the game. not whining, just stating the obvious haha. heyward will be added to the 40-man roster soon enough and this point will be moot.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers