Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo is open

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo is open

Postby wrveres » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:45 am

correct me if i am wrong, but it is still free right? what am i missing? :-?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Element » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:23 am

I've been playing with the mock auction tool the past couple of days which is really exciting for me. I have been doing an auction league for 10 years now. The only time I ever do a serpentine draft anymore is when I get invited by someone. The layout of the auction tool is excellent. The only two beefs that I have with it ..

1) It doesn't always load on the first try. It takes a few minutes and may freeze up. Manually reloading the page corrects the problem most of the time. However, it seems as though several other participants cannot access & are replaced by autobidders. Which leads to #2 ..

2) The AI on the autobidders is terrible. No matter what player is nominated for bidding, the AI automatically jumps bidding up above the projected dollar value after a few seconds. This isn't a big deal if there is only 1 or 2 autobidders as they will run out of money quickly, but any more than that kind of ruins the experience. There could be several chances for the Ai to get a player well below "value", but it never happens that way.

Regardless, it's great to see the inclusion of auctions on Yahoo and I hope to get 12 owners together for a draft so that we wouldn't have to deal with the robots. At the very least, it's a great step in the right direction to make the product that much better. And of course, it's free! If Yahoo keeps expanding it's capabilities, I may end up moving our CBS league over some day.

;-D
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:Have you looked into the ADP issue yet, Genie? Shouldn't it be easy to extend the list? It's a real pain to have to look under each position to find players' ADP.

Nope, and likely won't in the near future. It would be very easy to do what you're suggesting. Then it would take a bunch of work to figure out what that did to our servers (and people with slow connections...) in terms of performance. I heard the request, and it can get onto our radar. But I wouldn't expect it to happen any time in the very short term.

This seems like something that would be perfectly suited to one of Bwanna's Greasemonkey scripts.

My additional suggestion (aside from being able to trade draft picks) would be to add email notifications when there are message board posts, add/drops, etc. That would be SO nice.
Last edited by Bloody Sox on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Genie.

Did I see somewhere that league commissioners will have the ability to pause a live draft? If so, is this also true for the new auction leagues?
This would be a huge benefit in case somebody gets booted by the server mid-draft.

thanks again
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:My additional suggestion (aside from being able to trade draft picks) would be to add email notifications when there are message board posts, add/drops, etc. That would be SO nice.

A RSS Feed :-L
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby wrveres » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:59 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
A RSS Feed :-L
that would be cool
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:00 pm

It would be the coolest thing I have ever seen
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby MotorCityKitties » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:
My additional suggestion (aside from being able to trade draft picks) would be to add email notifications when there are message board posts, add/drops, etc. That would be SO nice.

That's one of my favorite things about CBS leagues.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -12)

Postby suckerpuncher » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:38 pm

I really like the fact that H2H points scoring was finally added.

But I have a question about that.

Is it posibble for a commish to manually add or deduct points after the matchup is over in H2H points leagues?

We use a 60 IP max. in a H2H points league. And for every .1 IP over 60 the team gets -1 points. And after the matchup is over the commish now needs to look at the matchups and if someone was over he limit he has to deduct points.
And sometime the outcome of a matchup is changed because of that.

So is this possible? Or maybe can you implement a hard limit function for this?
By hard limit I mean that the points will really be deducted for each .1 IP over the limit. Unlike the IP limit in roto league where you can start all your SP and get their stats even if you only have .1 IP left entering the day. That would be a soft limit in my eyes.
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby HustlinOwl » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Drew Storen added? Pumped him up in yahoo magazine, then not listed.
HustlinOwl
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers